Chapter 40

Kaden and Lamar's funeral are on the same day and today is the day of their funeral. People from Lamar's family showed up and Amiyah's family. Other people like Dominic, Dominic's sister, and CJ were there too.

After the funeral and after the burial site, Amiyah was talking to Lamar's mother.

"I just wanna say thank you for helping my son even after all the things that he did to you", Lamar's mom said. "Did you find out what happened to Kaden?"

"I'm going to find that out now", Amiyah said.

Lamar's mom nods. "Let me know when you find out", his mom said.

"Okay", Amiyah said.

Amiyah walked to Dominic.

"You ready to go?", Dominic asked.

"Yea, I don't feel like talking to people anymore", Amiyah said.

Dominic walked Amiyah to his car and they got in. Amiyah took her phone out and called the police station to find out what happened to Kaden.

"Hey, this is Amiyah Wilson. I'm calling about I'm son's autopsy...really?", Amiyah asked.

Dominic looked at her then back at the road.

"...alright", Amiyah said before she hung up.

"What they say?", Dominic asked.

"...he was choking on something and Lamar tried to do CPR on him but it didn't work", Amiyah said. "After that, he laid Kaden in his crib and closed his eyes...he walked into his room and fiddled with the his phone. I think it was probably because he wanted to call me...instead he didn't. Instead he shot himself"

Dominic didn't say anything.

"...my poor baby", she said softly. "Lamar loved him so much"

Dominic touched her thigh and rubbed it.

"I know this isn't what you wanna hear but...Kaden is going to be in good hands. Not only will he be with God but he's Bianca too", Dominic said.

Amiyah sniffed them wiped the tears that began to come out of her eyes. "Better than being out here in this cruel world huh?", she asked.

Dominic nods.

Amiyah looked at him.

Dominic felt her looking at him and glance at her then back at the road.

"No matter what you're always here for me, you always know what to say, you care about me, you make me laugh...and that's why I love you and right now I feel like I'm loosing everything that I love and I don't wanna loose you too", Amiyah said.

"You're never going to loose me Amiyah", Dominic said. "No matter what, just like you said, I'm always here for you and I will always love you"

"Then why did you cheat?", Amiyah asked.

"I never cheated. That girl, Meagan, is my coworker. Nothing more", Dominic said.

Amiyah looked out the window.

"I don't think I have the strength to hurt you like that or in any other way", Dominic said. "All I wanna do is love you...but I can't if I don't have all of you"

"You have it", Amiyah said.

"You're just saying that because of the state that you're in now", Dominic said.

"No. I know what I'm saying and I mean it", Amiyah said. "You have all of me. No second guessing, no confusion, I'm all here. I know what I want. I want you and I swear I don't wanna loose you again"