Chapter 17

After court, Amiyah and CJ were walking out together. A few of "his people" followed them, but from a distance.

"How you think things are looking?", CJ asked.

"From the looks of it, things are good. You're not in hand cuffs", Amiyah said.

"Thanks to you ma'am", CJ said. "I appreciate it"

"Don't say nothing yet. Things aren't done here", Amiyah said.

"I think it's going to be just fine", CJ said. "And um...hopefully you can continue to be my lawyer"

"...I don't really like to represent the guilty. I rather represent the innocent", Amiyah said.

"I'm innocent", CJ said. "I'm just a brother tryna make a living"

"The wrong way", Amiyah replied.

"Nah, just the way that's painted bad to society", CJ replied.

Amiyah stopped walking and so did he.

"So killing isn't bad period?", Amiyah asked.

"Those are accusations", CJ said.

"So they aren't true?", Amiyah asked.

"Accusations", CJ said. "Besides it's not like them people was innocent. Even if I did kill somebody"

Amiyah shook her head.  "I don't care honestly", Amiyah said as she started walking again.

CJ continued walking.

"Let me take you to get a bite to eat...ya know to say thank you", he said.

"I'm good", Amiyah said.

"Come on. Why you gotta act like that? I'm not going to be on no bullshit. I'm just hungry and I wanna show my appreciation for you helping a brother out", CJ said.

"If it's going to get you to shut up then fine", Amiyah said. "The only thing about that is you have a house arrest bracelet on"

"Don't worry about that. I got that handled. You wanna drive with me?", he said.

"Whatever", she said as she looked at her phone for the time. "Let's just make this quick"

"Got somewhere to be?", he asked.

"Not now, but in a few hours", she replied.

"Alright bet", CJ said. "Come on"

Amiyah and CJ was to his car.

Amiyah and CJ got to the restaurant and sat down and ordered their food.

"So what's up? Why you gotta act like that toward me?", CJ said. "I'll admit I said some shit that I shouldn't have but I ain't realize what type of female you was"

"What is that supposed to mean?", Amiyah asked.

"You just different", CJ said. "...I'll also admit I like different"

"I didn't come here for you to talk about what you liked about me. I just wanna eat, have a decent conversation without flirting and eat", Amiyah said.

"Could you just stop...please", CJ said.

"Did you just say please? Oh my gosh. The world is going to end", Amiyah said.

CJ chuckled a little. "I just mean like you so uptight with me. Why?", he asked.

"Maybe because my life is on the line with you if I don't make things right for you", Amiyah said.

CJ looked down for a moment. "Can I be honest with you?", he asked.

"What?", Amiyah said.

"Truth be told. I'm not going to do anything to you...I just said that stuff for you to try your best. If I end up going to jail then I end up going. That's not your fault", CJ said. "So I apologize"