Chapter 26

After leaving Jax's house, Amiyah went to get Kaden.

"I thought you said you'd be here at 4? It's 6 o'clock. You could've at least let somebody know", Lamar asked.

"Sorry", Amiyah replied as she picked Kaden up.

Lamar watched her.

"You didnt go talking to that dude did you?", Lamar asked.

Amiyah was quiet.

"What the fuck is your problem?", Lamar asked.

"Lamar please, just- not right now, okay?", Amiyah said.

"No. I'm not. You are doing stuff that is going to put not only you, but my son in danger", Lamar said.

"There's no danger alright. It's just Jax, okay?", Amiyah said.

"And he's not afraid to kill someone apparently", Lamar said.

"He won't touch me alright. He doesn't even know, that I know that he did it", Amiyah said. "He doesn't suspect anything"

"Alright now, Amiyah", Lamar said.

Amiyah grabbed Kaden's things. "Alright Lamar", she said sarcastically. "I'm fine. Kaden is fine and better yet, you will be fine"

Lamar sighed.

"I will see you later. Just stay calm alright", Amiyah said.

"Alright", he said.

"Bye", she said.

"Bye", he replied.

Amiyah turned to walk out the door.

Lamar looked at her back pocket and saw that someone was calling her and her phone was silent.

"Who's CJ?", Lamar asked.

"What?", she asked as she turned to face him.

"CJ is calling you", Lamar said.

"Oh. Yea. He's a client of mine. I'll just call him back when I get in the car", she said as she started walking to the door. "Bye"

"...bye", he said.

Amiyah left the house and went by the store. She didn't call CJ back, nor did she plan to.

Once Amiyah got home, she saw Dominic's car parked in the drive way. She got Kaden out the car and went into her house and Dominic came out the kitchen, eating a bag of chips.

Amiyah made a face. "What are you doing here?", he asked.

"I came to talk to you about something", he before being a multiple chips in his mouth.

"Well I have groceries in the car so let me get that first", Amiyah said. "Get Kaden for me?"

Dominic walked to her and took Kaden.

"I forgot you still have my key", Amiyah said.

"Yea...what? You want it back?", Dominic asked.

Amiyah shook her head. "Keep it", she said. "Emergencies only. Not to steal my food"

Dominic chuckles. "Deal", he said.

Amiyah smiled and walked outside to unload the car. As she walked back into the house, a car drive by and the guy eye balling her. But of course she didn't pay any attention to him. She just thought he was just some random guy checking her out.