Chapter 15

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE💛

The next day, Dominic walked into his office and Meagan was sitting in there again.

"What now?", he asked.

"I'm not hear to argue", Meagan said.

"So why are you here?", Dominic asked.

"I wanted to talk about that other day and apologize for spazzing out on you like that", Meagan said. "I could tell that you weren't in the right space...well later on I could tell, but I know that wasn't because of me"

Dominic didn't say anything he just put his things down.

"And your picture is gone", Meagan said.

"What picture?", he asked.

"The one of you and girlfriend on the desk. It was here the morning of our little argue and how it's gone...bad break up?", she asked.

"...Nah. Just a break up", Dominic said.

"I didn't know you were the type to be pressed over a girl... I certainly didn't know you were the type to have a picture of one in your office so she must of been somebody special", she said.

"...She's the love of my life", Dominic said. "No offense, but she's the only one I have ever seen myself with. If it ain't her then I don't want nobody else, commitment wise"

"None taking. We didn't exactly date remember", she replied. "Just pleasure"

"Yea", Dominic said.

"So what? You're going to go back to your old ways?", she asked.

"Nah. That'll just give her a reason to-...never mind", he said.

Meagan nods.

"I'm usually talking to my sister about my girl problems, or shall I say my Amiyah problems", Dominic said.

"Amiyah?", she asked.

"Yea my girlfriend. Well ex girlfriend", Dominic said.

"Hmm", she said.

"What?", he asked.

"Nothing", she said.

"Oh...well I got work to do so, you know how to exit", he said as he sat at his desk.

"At least it's not the end of the world. You should cheer up. Life is still young, live it while you can", she said as she walked out.

Dominic looked her up and down. More so focused on her body as she walked out. When she did leave, he got on his computer.

———

(WITH AMIYAH)

"At the end of the day I'm the fucking client and I'm paying you. So what you're going to do is what I say", a guy said.

He was some big time drug dealer. The police has been trying to lock him up for years.

"I am not even assigned to you", Amiyah said.

"You are this morning, because this other idiot was fucking around. Don't know what he was doing", he said.

"What makes you think that I'll be any better?", Amiyah asked.

"I've seen you court. I see how you do things and you've been winning every case you touch", he said.

"Because they're not guilty. You on the other hand? That's a different story", Amiyah said. "And what you aren't going to do, is talk to me any kind of way"