Chapter 16

The next day, Amiyah went to her client, C.J., hotel room.

After he let her in, she sat down on the sofa. He pour up some alcohol in a cup.

"Oh shit. Where are my manners. You want some?", he asked.

"No. I don't drink Hennessy", Amiyah said. "Besides, I'm working and you shouldn't be drinking either"

"Hey, I thought it was supposed to be all about the client. You know, please the client so they can have a nice experience or are you just one of those bitter ones?", he asked. "Because I think that I've been nice to you. Nicer to you than most"

"...let's just get to business", Amiyah said softly.

"That's the talk I like to here", he said as he sat down. "Just cut the attitude"

Amiyah looked at him. "You have so much stuff against you. Stuff that's going to put you away for the rest of your life", Amiyah said.

"Yea but that's not going to happen because I got yo pretty ass", CJ said.

"...Well, I have an idea on what we can do and a plan b", Amiyah said.

"Lay it in me", CJ said as he sat back and propped his legs up.

Amiyah tells him the plan.

"And you think that's going to work?", CJ asked.

"I think it's the best for this case. I can't make you any promises", Amiyah said.

"Well you need to make it work because I ain't going to jail", he said. "That's dead"

"I know this isn't any of my business but if you don't wanna go to jail then why do the stuff that you do?", Amiyah asked. "I mean when you get old, you won't have the strength or energy to continue doing this stuff"

"I'll be set to not work when I'm old", he replied. "And don't worry about why I do it"

Amiyah got quiet.

"But since you asking me shit, how about I ask you something?", CJ asked.

"What?", she asked.

"You hungry?", he asked.

"No", she replied.

"Shit, I was going to pay", he said.

"I'm fine", she said.

"How about this then. Imma get straight to the point, you fine as hell", he said.

"Yea, that's my cue to go", she said as she stood up.

He smirked and licked his lips. "What you scared?", he asked. "I mean come on. You can't say I ain't a handsome muthafucka myself"

"I'm taken", she said lying.

"I don't care. I ain't say nothing about dating", he said. "I just wanna explore your abilities if you know what I mean"

"Unbelievable", she mumbled as she walked to the door. "I'll see you when it's time to go to court. I'll let you know if there's any changes"

CJ takes a sip of his drink. "I ain't mean no harm baby girl. You just seem tense", he said. "Whatever that nigga doing, he ain't doing you right"

Amiyah walked out and shut the door behind her and rolled her eyes. As she found her way out the building and into her car, she called Dominic.

"Hello?", Dominic said.

"Hey. You busy?", Amiyah asked.

"Kinda", he said. "What's up?"