Chapter 1

Amiyah walked into a restaurant as she looked around for her half brother Keyon. She finally found him after he waved and she walked to him and sat down.

"Thought you were going to be a no show", he said.

Amiyah smiled. "Sometimes I can be a little tardy", she said.

"I got you some water. I didn't know what you wanted", Keyon said.

"Water is fine. Thanks", Amiyah said.

Amiyah leaned on the table.

"So, how come you wanted until now to talk to me? Shy?", Amiyah asked.

"I used to be but...no. You always seemed so busy and mom always said that I shouldn't", he said.

"Of course she would", Amiyah said.

"It's not in the way you think", Keyon replied.

"I get it. You may see your mom is a different light than I do, but she never cared about me", Amiyah said.

Keyon looked down for a moment. "She did", Keyon said.

"She didn't. But I didn't come here to talk to her, I came here to get to know you", Amiyah said.

"Before we get to that...it wasn't her fault she wasn't in your life. My dad didn't want her around yours and that ended up her not being around you", Keyon said. "He was abusive"

"...I'm sorry to hear that, but I rather hear her excuses from her mouth", Amiyah said.

"Very Well then", Keyon said.

"I know this is something you may not want to talk about but I was kinda thinking about and I just wanted to know what happened to your- I mean our-"

Amiyah stopped talking because Keyon's phone began to ring. Keyon looked at his phone. "I'm sorry. I have to take this", he said as he answered it. "Hello?....really?...okay I'm on my way", he said before hanging up. "I am really sorry that was my job and -"

"It's okay, I dated an CSI before. I get it. Work calls, you have to go", Amiyah said.

"CSI?", he asked. "You mean Lamar?"

Amiyah nods slowly.

"Oh...okay", Keyon said with a little bit of concern. "I knew that man sounded familiar when we met I just didn't realize that it was that Lamar"

Amiyah looked at Keyon.

Keyon got up. "How about we try this again tomorrow?", he asked.

"Great", Amiyah with a smile.

Keyon rushed out of the restaurant.

Amiyah looked at her phone and called Dominic.

It has been a couple months since Lamar has been gone. He has texted Amiyah recently asking about Kaden.

As of with Amiyah and Dominic, they are just friends as of right now.

"Hello?", Dominic said after answering the phone.