Chapter 6

A COUPLE WEEKS LATER...

Amiyah and Dominic were at his house. They were sitting on some pillows on the floor, feeding each out chocolate covered strawberries. The electric fireplace was on and some slow jams were playing in the background.

Most of the songs were old school but the song I Wanna Be by Chris Brown, started playing.

"Every time I used hear this song, I thought about you", Dominic said.

"Really?", Amiyah asked.

"Hell yea", Dominic said.

"Mmm", Amiyah said.

"Would it be cool, would you mind if I called you my boo", Dominic sang as he took her hand and stood her up. "What if the next whip you was passin was the one I brought for you"

Amiyah smiled. "We can make that happen", she said.

Dominic chuckled then continued to sing and as he spun her around and brought her closer to him.

Amiyah put her arms around him as she looked up at him and he continued to sing.

"Cause I done already made of my mind. I don't need no more time to know if I wanna be with you", he sang as he looked her in her eyes.

Dominic continued to sing and then he started to lean into her and began kissing her. Amiyah began kissing back and Dominic moved his hands down to her butt and gripped it.

Suddenly, her phone started ringing and they stopped kissing.

"Sorry", Amiyah said as she jogged to her phone and looked at it. "It's the police department. I think it's one of my clients"

Amiyah answered the phone as Dominic turned the music off.

"Hello?...yes this is she...okay I'll be right there", Amiyah said as she looked at Dominic who sat down as she soon as she said that.

Amiyah hung up the phone.

"I have to go, but you already know that from your facial expression", Amiyah said as she grabbed her shoes.

"This is the third night in a row", Dominic said.

"I know Dominic and I'm sorry. I have a heavy load this week", Amiyah said.

"I get it. You're a busy woman", he said as he got up and started walking to her. "I can't blame you for that. I ain't mad. More so jealous"

Amiyah kissed him. "But I'll be back when I'm done", she said with a smiled.

"Yea but I'll probably be sleep then", Dominic said.

"Well, I suppose we can pick this up tomorrow night? Hopefully no interruptions?", Amiyah asked.

Dominic nods.

"I love you", she said.

"I love you too, baby", Dominic replied.

Amiyah quickly walked to the door. "I'll be back", she said on her way out.

Dominic turned off the fireplace and turned the lights on and started cleaning up.

After Amiyah was done with her client and talking to the police, her client was released.

As she was walking out of the station, Lamar was calling her. He was watching Kaden.

Amiyah answered the phone. "Hello", she said.

"Hey, I am having some trouble putting Kaden to sleep. I think something's wrong", Lamar said.