Chapter 28

That evening, CJ came back to his house. As he walked in, he over heard Amiyah on the phone.

"Lamar, it's not going to happen again alright? ... okay I get that but-.... are you seriously saying that right now? I am a right fit for a parent, I've been caring for him all this time...I am acting like it!... you know what I'll just be over there later to get him...yes I will... Lamar yes I will!... alright whatever bye", Amiyah said before she hung up.

"...everything alright?", CJ asked.

Amiyah turned to look at him. "I didn't know you were here", Amiyah said.

"I just walked in", he said.

Amiyah grabbed her purse. "I need to go", she said.

"Do you need me to come with you?", CJ asked.

"No. I don't wanna make things worst", Amiyah said.

"What do you mean?", CJ asked.

"Nothing...it's just that you're a drug dealer and well...you know", Amiyah said.

"But you know my character", CJ said.

"Yea but.. CJ you still do what you do at the end of the day", Amiyah said. "If me doing what I did caused what happened last night to happen then then what could happen if I'm around you or if Kaden is around you"

"So basically what you're saying is we're never going to last?", CJ asked. "Or was this never going to be serious for you?"

"CJ you gotta understand where I'm coming from", Amiyah said.

"I understand completely", CJ said. "I'm good. Go find you a lawyer, doctor, or judge or something. Get the fuck up out my house. Bye"

"CJ stop", Amiyah said.

"Get out", he said.

Amiyah sighed then she walked to the door.

"I like you CJ. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you can't live this lifestyle forever. Not for me but for yourself, your daughter, and whoever you choose to love and spend your life and time with", Amiyah said. "I don't wanna end what we have but ... I'm just not used to this. I almost died messing with someone who does the same things you do or maybe even less. Just think about what could happen if it was someone on your level. At the point I'm not just thinking about myself, I'm thinking about my son"

"So you saying the only way you'll be with me is if I stop doing what I'm doing? You wanna change me?", CJ asked. "Amiyah I don't know anything else but the streets"

"Don't down play yourself. I'm sure you know more than you think and I don't wanna change you.  You can only change you", Amiyah said. "What you choose to do now and moving forward is all you"

"Well this is me and I'm not changing...so I guess this is an end between us", CJ said.

Amiyah was quiet for a moment. "...I guess so then", she said softly. "Goodbye CJ", she said. Her voice was kind of sad even though she tried to sound normal.

Amiyah walked outside of the house and she gun shots went off. They were meant to go through the house but some bullets hit Amiyah. When the firing stopped the car sped off.

"Miyah!", CJ shouted as he ran to her. He looked at the car and tried to get their license plate but only got the first three letters.

"CJ", she said as she cried. She was terrified, because she never been shot before.

"You're going to be okay", he said.

Amiyah closed her eyes and tried to calm down.

CJ took his shirt off and wrapped it around her arm. That's where she got shot at.

Amiyah looked at the rest of her body thinking she got shot in multiple places until she realized that it was just her arm.

CJ helped her up.

"I thought Jax said he was done", Amiyah said.

"... I don't think that was Jax", CJ said. "Just get up, come on. I'll take you to the hospital"

"I'll drive myself", Amiyah said as she got up.

"You just got shot", CJ said.

"I'll drive myself", Amiyah said as she walked away.

CJ watched her walk to the car and get in. That's when he thought about what she said. Not only could it have been worst for her by her getting shot somewhere else but it could've been his own daughter.

TO BE CONTINUED...