Chapter 23

That night Amiyah was working on some cases that was assigned to her.

She was about to get ready to write something down when she realized she didn't have her pen.

"Shoot", she said as she got up and searched under the cushion of the couch.

Suddenly, somebody knocked at the door.

Amiyah walked to the door to see who it was and it was CJ. She opened and he walked right in.

"Well then. Just come in even though you didn't call first", said sarcastically.

CJ looked at the living room and say papers all over the coffee table.

"What in the hell happened in here?", he asked.

"I'm working", she said as she continued to look for her pen. "But what brings you here"

CJ sat in one of the chairs. "Turns out I ain't really got no friends", he said. "I can't trust a muthafucka around here no more"

"What happened to putting some trust in me?", she asked.

"I said some. Not all", he said.

"I know that's right", Amiyah said as she looked under all her papers. "So you just came to tell me you can't trust nobody?"

"Nah, cause you the only person that seem to go some sense around here", he said.

Amiyah chuckled.

"What are you looking for?", he asked.

"My pen", she said.

"Girl, it's in your hair", he said.

Amiyah touched the pen that was in her hair. "Oh shit", she said as sat down.

"That's a damn shame", he said.

Amiyah chuckled as she wrote down what she planned to write down.

"Look, I don't know what whoever this person is did but that doesn't mean that you stop putting your trust in other people", Amiyah said. "Not everybody is the same"

"This person lied on my name, just so they could cover up what they did", CJ said.

"And?", Amiyah asked.

"And I knew this nigga since we were kids. He didn't have shit to sacrifice, I do", CJ said. "So if I went down for something I didn't even do and he's the one who did it and told people that shit, then it's fucked up"

"...okay? I admit. That's fucked up", Amiyah said.

"What would you do if your best friend did that shit to you?", CJ said.

"Well...my best friend was murdered so I she can't do something like that to me", Amiyah said.

"Damn. I'm sorry to hear that", he said.

"Yea but...why did he lie on you?", Amiyah asked.

"I don't know. He lied when I confronted him so I didn't ask anything else. I honestly think it was because he ain't wanna fall out with his homeboy. His homeboy got money so he be using that shit", CJ said.

Amiyah started thinking about what he said.

"What does his homeboy do?", Amiyah asked.

"I don't know", CJ said.

Amiyah looked at CJ.

"People ain't shit", CJ said as he shook his head.

Amiyah stood up. "Let's be real. People make mistakes", she said as she sat on the coffee table in front of him. "I have forgiven people for things I never would've thought I would forgive them for...why? Because people make mistakes"

"I'm not a forgiving person", CJ said.

"It's better than holding a grudge. I didn't say to be best friends with this person again, but you should forgive him some day but just don't forget", she said.

CJ leaned forward as he looked her. Amiyah just looked at him because he didn't know what he was doing.

"You a different type of chick you know that right?", he asked.

"I guess", she said with a chuckle.

CJ smiled a little. "Nah, for real. A lot of females in these streets be doing the most and you just...I don't know. It's like you try to see somebody for who they are versus just looking at how they are from what people may say", he said.

"My auntie always said don't judge a book by it's cover", Amiyah said as she stood up.

"I need someone like you in my circle", he said.

"Im not all that special", she said. "I have problems of my own"

"But yet you help everybody out of there's", he said. "...you aren't selfish, are you?"

"Kind of...I don't know. I guess that's my dad in me", Amiyah said.

"Yea...well maybe you need somebody to do something for you, for once", CJ said.

Amiyah sat back on the couch.

"Give me a problem, you got and maybe I can help", CJ said.

"All the problems I have, are like things that I can't go back and change", Amiyah said. "Also things I don't wanna talk about"

"I understand. Maybe some other time", he said.

"Maybe", Amiyah said.

"But whatever you want to share and need help with, just let me know", he said as she stood up.

"So far, you've helped me twice", Amiyah said.

CJ chuckled. "Oh yea", he said.

Amiyah giggled and this she stopped. "But um...I don't know if we should be doing that anymore. That just isn't me", she said.

CJ shook his head. "Damn. That hurt a nigga soul", he said.

Amiyah giggled.

"But I'm cool with it", he said.

"Good", she replied.

"Hopefully we can still be friends...if we were ever friends", he said.

Amiyah nods. "Of course", she said.

"Cool...goodnight", he said.

"Goodnight", Amiyah replied.

CJ glanced at the papers and saw Marcus's name on one of them. He began to walk to the door.

"I don't think you'll find out who did it. If that was the case then the police would've", CJ said.

"I actually think I know who it was", Amiyah said. "...Jax, right?"

"...Unfortunately I'm not a snitch", CJ said as he opened the door and left.

Amiyah sat there and shook her head as she looked at the papers. She knew she was right.

TO BE CONTINUED...
DONT FORGET TO COMMENT & VOTE 💛