🌸Chapter 34🌸

The next day

I woke up for class then practice forgetting I'm pregnant. I went through practice then left to the grocery store then back to the trap.

It smelt like gasoline and it bothered me a lot but I ain't feel like leaving so I sprayed the house a lot then took a nap and woke up to the burning smell.

Did I leave the oven on or some shit. I went to check the oven but nothing was on. I jumped at the noise of something sounding like fire turning to see the whole front part of the house was on fire and it was spreading quickly. I called 9–1-1. They was on the way but they was far out and I knew it because of where we was located. I'm now at the point where I'm in between 2 rooms trying to ply the window open but the don't open cause their glued and nailed plus the windows thick asf. They made it like that so people couldn't break in.

FaceTiming Baby😝❤️
"Naieigh where you at why you been avoiding my calls?" "Mal-coughx4"(meaning she stopped to cough). "Naieigh what's wrong" "I love you. Tell raven that too. I'm sorry" "yo nai why you saying it like you finna die. Wya? What's wrong?" He said sounding alert. I flipped my camera and showed him the room and the fire inching close. "Nai. WHERE ARE YOU. NAIEIGH??" " I'm at the trap" "why tf you at the trap anyways? I'm on the way. What happened" "I got back and it smel- coughx12" "naieigh breathe baby I'm otw" "I'm fine" "spell yo name, tell me about your day today. Speak. FUCK. My bad. I need you to speak so I can know your up. "I went to practice today. And got some food and..." she said slowly. "Nai" "and came here and i wanted ice cream but I didn't feel like it" "Ima get you some ice cream when I get you out. What else you do?" "I- I-" "naieigh" "im good. I talked to my dad. He's smiling at me" "whatchu mean naieigh.. naieigh". I was woke but couldn't talk or move. My eyes started feeling heavy and I listened to Malachi call my name as I slowly die.

Malachi pov

"He's smiling at me" "naieigh whatchu mean?" I ain't hear nothing on her side. It's sounding like she's passing out. I keep yellingher name as I drive.

When I pull up people watching and the fire people here. I ran to the entrance following a firemen into the house but the other one stops me. I'm tryna push this nigga off of me but he not budging. After a few minutes of fighting I hear tarris's voice and he pulls me away from the man. Ima kill that mf. After a few minutes of waiting they come ask who in the house meaning they aint find nobody meaning my girl in there and had been in there too long. A few seconds later I watch them bring her out on a stretcher then stopping to do cpr. I try to get closer but between tarris and the police lady they hold me back.

I watch from a distance the nurses exchange looks I can't quite make out then load her into the truck. "Can I ride with her?" I asked the police. "Nah he gon ride with me. The police shakes her head indicating im ridin with tarris. We hopped inna car and follow the truck until we get stopped at the red light and the ambulance flies.

"Im here for Naieigh Johnson" "and you are?" "Her husband" "here it says she ain't married" "I don't give a shit. Just where is she?" "Y'all gon have to wait in the waiting room" "where's her room?"  The nurse threw her hands up in surrender and continued doing what she was doing earlier. Tarris and Malachi waited in the waiting room and a little time later nova, meechie, jay, icon and icons baby mama came. Ali been there.

"Yo Doc. Naieigh Johnson where is she?" "Family of Naieigh Johnson right??" "Yes sir" nova answered. "Where's the mother?" "Not here" "brothers?" "Sincere little?" "He not here" "Ali Davis, Nova Thompson, Yaniese and Jazzlyn Starnes?" "I'm nova" "I'm ali" "follow me" "what about me?" "Name?" "Malachi Greeves" "not on the list" "what's the list for?" He said snatching the clipboard. "The patient said and I quote "the rest don't need to see me like this". "So she's woke?" "Barely" "what do you mean barely" jay said getting up. "She sleeping" "well why'd you say it like she's finna die?" Tarris said. "I'm saying" icon and Ali said. He nodded his head and walked away. Nova and Ali followed.

Naieigh pov
"You are fine and so is the baby. Y'all just had a little incident. Breathing is normal, just make sure you inhaling slowly and use your inhaler if needed". The doctor kept going about what else needed to be done and ended with "you have a healthy baby". "Wait Ms.   Can you not give out any information to my friends. Especially about the baby" she nodded and walked out and Nova and Ali came in. "How you feeling?" "I'm straight" "what happened?" "The house caught on fire" "how" "I don't even know" "anyways" "how the boys. They acting a fool out there?" "Here?"  Nova handed me the phone and I turned the camera off. "Naieigh why I'm not on that damn list" "Malachi please" "naieigh" "I'm sleepy I'll call you when they release me" I hung up and we talked before they had to leave.

Next day

"Hey mama" "what happened this time. Every time your around these boys you're always in some shit. What the hell happened" "it was a regular house fire ma chill" "ma chill my ass" "hey Chris" "hey". They stayed and talked and got me home where Malachi took over.

He wasn't real distant but he was still distant. Like he talked to me but didn't.

A week later

Today was the day I was going to tell Malachi we're having a child. We went out to eat but I didn't eat a lot. The smell made me want to throw up. He wasn't really in the mood at the restaurant so I waited to tell him when we got home. "Mail man here". He jetted to the door and got the mail. I got up and stood behind him waiting on his to open the one from the doctors office. I followed him to the table and he opened a different one and started breathing differently. "What's wrong?" He ain't say nothing. "What is it?" I tried to get the paper from him but he ain't give it to me. I grew a little mad when I realized it wasn't the one he was supposed to care about deeply. "Here this one got yo name on it too". He took it and put it on his lap, texted somebody then opened.

He read it and looked up at me. "Quit playing" "I'm not playing". He lift up my shirt and rubbed my stomach. "How many months?" "Four" he nodded then stood up. "Who you been fucking?" "Whatchu mean. This yo child Malachi" "I'm not dumb. We ain't had sex in about a whole year. It's not mines" "you're over exaggerating" "how am I over exaggerating" "you know you the only person that's been in me" "obviously not" "are you serious??" "I'm deadass". I took what was closest to me and hit him as hard as I could and went to go pack my shit and left for Nova house.

"What happened, why you crying?" "Malachi bruh" "whatd he do?" "He's basically saying ima hoe" "how" "he got me fucking pregnant and he saying it's not his" "you're pregnant?" "Yes". I laid back and cried. Nova cried too. We both cried like the two babies we finna have.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Verse of the day

Insight the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Vote