ii. | foreign visitors

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"MOM! WE'RE BACK!" Elara shouted, her voice echoing within the small home of the Skywalker family. Anakin and their guests trailed right behind her, along with sand they accidentally kicked inside after the winds picked up the moment they caught view of their home.

Shmi, their mother, gasped in relief to see her children were all fine and well, but her relief fell when she noticed the guests standing in their home, narrowing her gaze at them.

Anakin started to introduce the guests to their mother as Elara lifted the strap to her pouch over her head and onto the table. She opened her pouch and bit the inside of her cheek when she realized she forgot to get some food on their way back home.

The man turned to Shmi, giving her a slight bow. "Your children were kind enough to offer us shelter."

Anakin grabbed Padmé's hand, the girl widened her eyes as she stared at him. "Come on, I'll show you Threepio!" he pulled the girl towards his room with Artoo following right behind the small children.

Elara walked over to their cabinets, opening them up and scouring them for any food they could make for dinner tonight while the sandstorm was covering everything in sand.

There was barely anything to feed about six mouths, which caused her to sigh. She looked at her mother who noticed the same problem.

This was going to be a long night of scavenging whatever food they could find.

____

ELARA CUT THROUGH THE STEAK, the rich flavor of the dinner her mother and herself made for everyone melted onto her tongue. A small grin spread across her face as she swallowed it, loving everything about this food.

Unbeknownst to her, the man who they brought along to their home, introduced himself as Qui-Gon. He sensed something powerful off the girl, he knew what it was, but he also didn't want to frighten her or her mother with the news of what he sensed.

Shmi noticed how intently he stared at her eldest child, which made her extremely uncomfortable, but she brushed it off and brought a water pitch up to the table.

"All slaves have transmitters placed inside their bodies somewhere." Shmi informed them, pouring water into Qui-Gon's and Jar Jar's cup

"I've been working on a scanner to try and locate mine." Anakin added, intriguing Qui-Gon even further than what he already had been.

"Any attempt to escape-" Shmi began.

"And they blow you up! Boom!" Anakin interrupted, slamming his fists onto the table, which showcased a pretend explosion.

"How wude." Jar Jar finished his mug of water, setting it back onto the table.

Elara briefly looked at her brother, before she continued eating her dinner for the night, relishing the delicious food.