xiii. | senator amidala

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

PADMÉ WAS COMING TO CORUSCANT TODAY. Elara couldn't have been more happy to know one she was going to see of her favorite people again after ten years.

Elara and Padmé tried to send letters to one another as often as possible, but when Elara informed Padmé about her being promoted to Jedi Knight, Yoda forbad it and said she had to focus on her Jedi studies instead of conversating with the Queen of Naboo every so often, but Padmé wasn't the queen anymore, she was a senator.

The two females would probably not be able to see each other until the voting to create an army for the Jedi against enemies was done. Chancellor Palpatine and Senator Amidala would more than likely be there for hours before the rest of the council for Coruscant made their minds up.

Elara peered over the city and watched a space cruiser descend downwards towards the landing pad, a cruiser Elara presumed Padmé was aboard. She felt a heavy pang in her chest for she had this feeling something bad was about to happen.

The moment the cruiser exploded, Elara pressed her hand to her mouth and gasped as debris flew everywhere. She turned away and hoped Padmé was no injured.

That was an attempt to take someone's life. If it was Padmé's ship, they wanted to assassinate her, and if it was a random senator's ship, they wanted to assassinate whoever was inside.

The girl made sure her lightsaber was attached to her utility belt, before she bolted out the door and down the corridor, her heart beating fast.

She ran into Artoo and Threepio who gave her a greeting and she greeted them back before running off.

She pressed the button for the elevator and it immediately opened, so she stepped inside and pressed a button to go down to the floor where Padmé would be if she were the one who almost got blown to bits.

As she was going down, she could sense two people she didn't expect to be here. Widening her eyes, happiness surged through her and she waited in anticipation for the elevator doors to open up.

Elara hadn't seen either of them in a few years, not since the Jedi Padawan cuddled with her the night before he departed, and not since the Jedi Knight gave her flowers. It was a nice feeling to know they were back.

She bursted into the room and immediately captured everyone's attention the moment the door opened to reveal herself.

Her eyes landed on Padmé who looked even more beautiful than she did ten years ago, and who was clearly unharmed from that ship explosion. Elara breathed out in happiness, "Padmé. . ." she smiled.

"Elara?" Padmé smiled. Elara pulled the senator into a hug and quietly laughed when their arms wrapped around each other. "It's so good to see you again."

They pulled away from each other and met each other's brown eyes, smiling. "And it is good to see you too, my friend." she chuckled.

Elara turned her gaze from the Queen of Naboo to a certain nineteen-year-old boy with his hands underneath his cloak. She smiled at him, he returned it, then she dashed towards him, their bodies almost toppling onto the ground from the immense excitement and how much they had missed each other.