ix. | "you'll see one day"

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

EVERY NIGHT AND DAY FOR THREE YEARS, Elara had worried for Anakin's and Obi-Wan's safety. She was afraid to lose one of them, if not both. It was such a scary feeling to not know if they were alive or not.

Master Yoda had noticed she was restless, scared, and paranoid as they practiced the Force — something she was getting very sufficient in. He told her she had to let go of those fears or else she would fall to the darkside for if that fear came true, the fear would turn to anger and the anger would turn to revenge, which would ultimately turn her to the dark side.

Elara remembered he told Anakin the same thing when he was scared for losing his mother, which Yoda sensed the moment he met them both three years ago.

Most nights Elara couldn't sleep well, she worried too much for her brother and her friend. She told herself to let go of the fear, but she couldn't.

It was harder than it looked.

She held onto the railing on her balcony, eyes glazing across the bustling city of Corcuscant and the buildings. A small smile made it's way onto her face as she breathed in deeply, tilting her head up at the stars.

Anakin, she called out in the Force. Anakin, come back to me, please.

Her eyelids fluttered open. She headed back to her bed and curled up on it, her eyes glued to his wooden figurine he carved three years ago when he was nine years old, now he was twelve years old.

She truly missed him, along with Obi-Wan.

Sometimes she would dearly miss Padmé. The girl had stayed at Naboo when the war ended on her homeland, which honestly made Elara sad, because she was starting to love the Queen of Naboo.

Her eyes fluttered shut, the wooden figurine clutched in the palm of her hand, and her legs tucked to her chest as she found herself drifting off to sleep after a long night of no rest.

But the moment she did fall asleep, Anakin had called out back to her through the Force, yet she didn't know because she had fell asleep the same exact moment he did.

_____

"CLOSE YOUR EYES and mentally reach out within yourself while we meditate." Master Yoda instructed the Skywalker girl. 

Elara closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. She found herself standing in her mind while her actual self sat on a pillow. In her mind, she was surrounded by the light, while in the distance there was a dark light but it was still in the same spot it had always been in ever since she started working the Force by understanding it, learning it, what it does, and how to use it.