iv. | "but you can't stop the change"

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"THEY HAVE BEEN FREED." Qui-Gon stated to Shmi. Elara whirled around, gripping tighter onto the money Anakin accumulated earlier from the podrace.

Anakin exclaimed, "What!" he was more excited than Elara felt like something else was wrong when her mother seemed excited but sad.

"You are no longer a slave." Qui-Gon smiled as Anakin beamed at the Jedi Master. Elara looked over to her mother as dread exploded in her chest.

Shmi gave her a faint smile for she knew her daughter knew she wasn't freed like Elara and Anakin her, which broke both Shmi's and Elara's heart into a million pieces at once.

Anakin spun around to Shmi. "Did you hear that?" he shouted to her. He spun to Elara and grabbed her shirt as he was jumping up and down in pure, utter excitement. "Did you hear that too?"

Their mother smiled sadly. "You both can go make your dreams come true. You are free my loves."

Elara felt tears prickling her eyes, she set the money down on the table as her hands trembled. She looked back at Anakin who was so unbelievably stoked about being freed.

Shmi turned to Qui-Gon. "Will you take them with you? Are they to become Jedi's?" she asked.

"I hope so," Qui-Gon smiled. "Our meeting was not an accident." he stated.

Anakin asked, "You mean we get to come with you in your star ship?"

"Training to become a Jedi is not an easy challenge, even if you succeed it's a hard life."

"But I wanna go. It's what I-we've always dreamt of," Anakin slowly turned to Shmi who was on the verge of crying but he didn't notice the tears stinging her warm brown eyes. "Can we go mom?" he asked.

Shmi frowned and heaved a sigh. "Anakin, this path has been placed before you and your sister. The choice is both of yours to make."

The young Skywalker girl knew their mother would not come with them. She'd still be a slave to Watto. But as her mother said this was their path, this was their chance to do some good in this world, and this was their future.

Elara stepped forward and spoke up, "We'll do it. It's. . ." she trailed off, glancing down to Anakin. "It's our destiny to follow this path to hopefully become Jedi's."

"Then pack your things." Qui-Gon ordered. Instantly Anakin bolted off towards his room. The moment he rounded the corner, he halted in his tracks once realization hit him square in the chest.

Anakin turned around and walked back, his brows furrowed as he glanced between the three adults standing in the kitchen.

"What about mom? Is she free too?" Anakin asked.