xxxvi. | a crumbled love

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

AFTER OBI-WAN TALKED TO PADMÉ ABOUT ANAKIN'S WHEREABOUTS, they found out Padmé was leaving somewhere, so they decided they should follow Padmé to wherever she was going whether it be to Anakin or not, so they boarded her ship and hid inside a small closet so Padmé or the guards wouldn't find them.

When the space craft left Coruscant, Elara looked out the window to get one last good look at the planet. She had this feeling she would never see her home ever again after tonight. A tear rolled down her cheek, and she wiped it away immediately.

Her lightsaber clung to her utility belt in case she would have to help Obi-Wan defeat Darth Vader. The brunette wasn't feeling confident that she could actually help Obi-Wan, she would only get in the way.  She couldn't purposely put Obi-Wan in the way of danger.

When the red planet came into view, she studied it. It was a small gas planet that bubbled with magma and volcanoes, it was definitely a place the Sith would go. She looked to a different planet not too far and noticed there was a moon.

Elara smiled to herself, then she looked down at the man she loved as tears blurred her vision. "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" she asked. It was her way of saying that she loved him, especially when they might no come back from this.

Obi-Wan nodded, tears in his own eyes. He took her hands and cupped her tender face, using his thumb to wipe the tears away. "It is. . . if I die, I can die happy with you right there."

The ship abruptly started to lower itself, and she suddenly didn't feel too good. Elara thought of two questions and they were: what if we don't survive? What if he kills us?

When the ship safely landed, they heard Padmé exit the ship to go meet Darth Vader outside. They could feel that Padmé was desperate to bring Anakin back to the light side, but she couldn't because he was utterly consumed by darkness just like their future.

Obi-Wan could feel the pain that ate away at Elara's heart. He was scared she wouldn't be the same after tonight, he was scared that Anakin's death would push her into the deep end and the pain that consumed her would push her into darkness. And Elara could tell he thought it was his fault that this happened though it wasn't.

Elara suddenly stood up and exited the ship with her lover right behind her. They both started to exit the ship but Elara shook her head at Obi-Wan and gestured die him to stay, then she exited the ship, her footsteps loud and clear. When Elara met the angered eyes of her brothers ghost, fragments of her heart chipped away. The anger that suddenly radiated off of him at the sight of them made his blood boil while it made Elara tremble in absolute fear.

"Elara?" he furrowed his eyebrows. "Why are you here? You shouldn't be here." Anakin said. Padmé turned and widened her eyes. She didn't know Elara boarded the ship, she didn't even see her on the ship.