xii. | visiting a certain queen

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

NABOO PROBABLY GOT MUCH PRETTIER SINCE THE LAST TIME. It looked better when there was no war among the Nabooians and their planet by the people who sought to take Padmé's head, or to force her to sign a stupid treaty.

Elara had to go to Naboo with Master Yoda, so he could do something, and she was happy because she particularly wanted to visit Queen Amidala while he did that for she hadn't seen the young girl in quite awhile. She missed her so much in all honesty.

As Elara landed the ship, Yoda hopped out of it and began to walk towards the guardsmen standing there with their weapons. Elara sighed. "Artoo, shut the doors behind me."

Artoo beeped. Elara smiled, before she hopped out of the ship. She glanced behind herself, noticing there was small Gungan drawing their bows in the trees.

A Naboo guard bowed. "We weren't expecting you, Master Yoda."

Elara crossed her arms as she stood behind Yoda. Of course they didn't know they were coming, Padmé was the only one who actually knew. Apparently it was a top secret mission to comfort Padmé and to take down a scum disguised as a merchant in the streets of Theed.

"Queen Amidala where is? With her we need to speak." Yoda stated, gripping his cane.

The guard nodded. "Right this way."

The pair of Jedi followed the guards. Elara was beaming as she walked, she couldn't wait to see Padmé again, but she couldn't show she was excited or else Yoda may think she was acting on her emotions or something like that.

As they moved, Elara noticed Padmé and her people redecorated the palace a little bit. There was new banners hanging everywhere and there was new plants in every corner of the palace. It was very beautiful.

The guards opened the doors to the throne room. Elara smiled the moment she made eye contact with the queen of Naboo. The queen held her head up higher with a smirk.

"Welcome," Padmé called out.

Master Yoda bowed, Elara copied him. "Us thank you for having," Yoda paused. "To discussing the merchant problem shall we get. . . hmm."

Padmé nodded. "Of course."

"Go lets, hmm," he turned to Elara. "Here Elara stay."

Elara nodded. She watched them walk away. What was she gonna do while they were gone.

_____

ELARA WAS IN THE LIBRARY WHEN PADMÉ APPROACHED. "What book are you reading, Elara?" she questioned, raising her eyebrows.

"The history of Naboo." Elara answered, closing her book.

"That is an interesting book to be reading."

"It is?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

Padmé sat next to her. "What part are you on?" she asked.

"The conflict between the Gungans and the Elder," Elara said. "It's. . . bloody to say the least."

Padmé nodded. "That it is. We know nothing about them, all we know is that they were ancient reptilian humanoids." she sighed.

"I wonder why," Elara frowned. She went silent until she thought of something. "Maybe. . . they're hiding on an another planet. There's no way a civilization like that can just. . . disappear."

"You'd be surprised." Padmé told her, she popped a cherry into her mouth. "There was once an ancient civilization called the Zeffo. They went extinct. . . or well disappeared, no historian knows why they disappeared, but something tells me that there's something bigger making species go extinct, or they moved to another unexplored ."

Elara snorted. "I doubt that. We know everything we need to know about the galaxies, Padmé. But I'm positive we already do know everything within the galaxies."

"No we don't," she shook her head. "There's so much out there that we haven't discovered, El. Haven't you heard about the Unknown Regions?" she asked.

"I have, but there's people living in those regions, so that means we have basically discovered it."

Padmé rolled her eyes. "You're a lost cause in the field of knowledge. There's no changing your mind, is there?" she laughed.

Elara pushed a cherry into her mouth with a smile. "Nope, no way around it."

Padmé scoffed. "Oh dear," she looked away. "Anyways, Master Yoda wanted me to inform you that he already took down the merchant. He wanted you to have some alone time and to relax."

Elara jumped from her seat. "What?! Is he crazy?!"

"No, he was kind for that."

"Pad-"

"Look, I know that Jedi are very. . . persistent on completing missions with their Masters, but you have to remember that Master Yoda was thinking of you." she smiled.

Elara sighed. "You're right. . . still sucks though."

"I know."

One day she wouldn't have to worry about people completing her missions for her.