xxv.| the beginning of a romance

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

ELARA SKYWALKER LEANED AGAINST THE DOOR WAY AS SHE WATCHED THE YOUNGLINGS. Her eyes watched them all very closely as they blindly battled the small droids, some of the younglings were old and some were brand new, which delighted her to watch.

After the battle, a lot of things had changed. They were in war now and the Jedi were recruiting lots of people more than ever before. They were also leveling the security up on Coruscant to protect whomever they needed to protect.

When Elara woke up after the battle, Obi-Wan and Anakin filled her in on the conclusion of the battle; Master Yoda has saved them but Dooku escaped along with the rest of his allies on Geonosis.

There had been battles here and there, but it was nothing they couldn't handle, it was almost like they were killing mindless small insects because of their clones who were very skilled in shooting guns unlike the droids.

About a week after the battle, Anakin and Padmé secretly got married at the lake house on Naboo. Elara didn't join them, but she knew it was a beautiful wedding even if there was no one there because it had to be a secret.

And a month after that, Master Yoda assigned a young human Padawan to Elara who was named Gavyyn Halcour. A day later, Yoda promoted Elara to Master and she became apart of the Jedi Council, which she was honored. Obi-Wan was promoted to Master just as she was and Anakin became a Knight.

What she didn't know was that Anakin was very jealous of her becoming a Jedi Master while he was still a Jedi Knight, it kind of angered him, but he hid that jealousy and rage he held inside.

Two days ago, Elara had to craft a new lightsaber after she lost hers, so she did, but it was now a dual-blade lightsaber and she honestly liked it better than her last one.

Now, Elara was taking a deep breath. She wanted the war to end very soon because she hated that these very young Padawan's had to go into battle, a battle they never wanted to be apart of.

"Elara?" a deep voice said behind her, and the brunette female turned to look at the blond male. "I haven't talked to you in a while."

Elara nodded in agreement. Ever since Geonosis, they hadn't really talked to each other, probably because they confessed their feelings and now it was a bit awkward between them. "I know. I'm sorry."

"Can we talk somewhere more private?" Obi-Wan gestured towards the hallway.

The older Jedi led the younger Jedi to the balcony. Elara felt her heart pump fast, and she could sense Obi-Wan was nervous too. Why was he nervous? He didn't have a reason to be, but then again neither did Elara.

He stopped in front of the balcony and sighed. "Ever since Geonosis. . . I've been wanting to talk about what happened." he said.

Elara put on a concerned and oblivious expression. "What do you mean? The battle?" she asked.

"No," he shook his head. "Remember when I said I loved you?" she nodded. "I meant it. I don't just love you. . . I am in love with you, and it's been like that ever since I met you. I've loved you for ten years. I don't think that will ever change either," he admitted.

Elara felt as if the very world had stopped the moment she looked him dead in the eyes, her heart pounding and her eyes lighting up in pure happiness and excitement.

There was a warmth in his eyes that told her he wasn't lying and he was finally telling her the hidden truth that she needed so badly and she now had that truth.

"I may follow the Code, but. . . the more I think about it, the more I realize that maybe I can break one rule just for you," Obi-Wan paused. "They wouldn't have to know we are together, only we would know, but we could never have a family like you wanted-"

"I don't care." Elara spoke up, her fingers taking his into her hands. "I only want you by my side through it all."

"And I you."

With that, they leaned towards each other and she planted a kiss on his lips, their hands intertwined with the other.

Elara knew this secret could last until they retired, then they could go far away and never have to think about fighting ever again. But she didn't want to think about that right now, she wanted to think about what was happening in the moment.

She wanted to be with Obi-Wan forever and she wanted to be happy with him forever, in both life and death.

As they pulled away, they dropped their hands away from each other and simply smiled in adoration at each other.

I hope this will last forever, she thought to herself.

But nothing good ever lasts forever.