Lord Inquisitor VIII

Standing outside the gate to the Athena mansion, Paladin's heart was thumping hard and fast. Holding onto a single white rose, wearing the formal attire he wore to the Conclave of Gods. He was nervous, drops of sweat coming down his forehead, and shaking with his free hand. The nerves making Paladin keep his mouth shut, having tunnel vision as he looked forward, something both Merelona and Violet easily noticed.

"Are you okay?" Violet leans forward and asks.

"S-S-Sure... I-I'm okay..." Paladin awkwardly chuckles and scratches the back of his head with his free hand. "J-Just a little n-nervous is all..."

"I see..."

"Well... that is to be expected!" Merelona claps her hands together and chuckles. "This is no doubt a very important and special moment for you, so who can blame you if you're a little nervous?"

"A little?" Violet shakes her head. "I don't think he's a little nervous."

Oh she's absolutely right... I am not just a little bit nervous, I am very nervous, very, very nervous! I have no clue what is about to happen in the next few minutes, I don't know how Isabella is gonna react when she sees me again, but I know it's gonna come out alright.

It has to come out alright!

"Sooo... where did you get the flower from?" Violet asks.

"I got it from the palace gardens," Paladin explains. "It is a Dragon rose, a special rose that grows only in the Realm of Dragons."

"Ahhh... I see..." Violet looked forward and then back at him. "You sure you are gonna be okay?"

"Y-Yes... o-of course...:

"Then get a move on!" Merelona playfully pushed him forward. "Isabella isn't gonna wait all day for you, and she shouldn't have too anyways!"

"R-Right..."

Looking forward, Paladin took a deep breath, and using his magic he opened the gate to the Athena mansion, and before taking the first steps towards being reunited with the one he held dearest to his heart, he looked at the sky and smiled.

It's gonna be a good day, it's gonna be a good day, it's gonna be a good day...

Paladin exhaled, and looking back at the mansion, he stepped across the gate and began walking towards the Athena mansion. Merelona and Violet, watching as Paladin walked across, couldn't help but smile as he was doing what neither of them thought possible a year ago.

Walking into the Athena mansion grounds, Paladin turns to his right and left, watching as mansion workers cut some of the bushes near the mansion, clearing the area of fallen leaves, and tidying up the trees that had some long branches. Many of the workers saw Paladin in the corner of their eyes, and turned to look at the mysterious man with two companions. Questions started to be murmured amongst the workers, the news of the Lord Inquisitor's return didn't reach the Athena mansion yet, but many of the workers had guessed that there was trouble brewing.

Paladin didn't pay much attention to the murmurs around him, instead, he was focused on what was in front of him, and on what awaited him.

The Athena mansion is no doubt different than before; large green gardens and fields that went on forever, the mansion itself wider and taller than before, three story tall in fact, and being painted white and made of bricks smooth and clean, still having its classic balcony sitting at the front that looked out into the Capital City. No doubt about it, the builders who rebuilt the Athena mansion did a good job, and I'd argue they made the mansion better than before.