Lord Inquisitor XV

The carriage slowly rolled into High Garden. Both Violet and Merelona were looking outside the carriage windows, astonished by how beautiful the High Garden was; marble buildings painted pearl white polished to perfection, citizens that always had smiles on their faces and were wearing clothes that weren't accessible to the highest class of human lords, and the stone roads were carved to perfection, protected by valiant white armored knights.

"Woooow!" Merelona couldn't hold herself back from expressing how she felt about the city. "This is a really beautiful city, a lot better than the Capital City!"

"Very beautiful..." Violet then turned to Paladin, who had his arms crossed and was looking down at the carriage floor. "You gonna take a look?"

Paladin had no desire to take a look at the city; not only had he visited the city once before, he understood the darkness that was behind the face - the coverup. High Garden was a kingdom built on the upper class subjugating and dominating the lower class. Abusing and exploiting them, the upper class had pitted the lower class against each other as they are forced into harsh working conditions on the outside of the city - far away from anywhere travellers would go. Everyone inside the Capital City was either middle class or part of the upper class, and if they were part of the middle class, they were routinely watched and blackmailed into keeping up appearances.

"I have no desire to see this fraudulent city," Paladin looked across at Violet. "A city ugly at its core, abusing and enslaving its people for the sake of a select few... Nothing is admirable about that."

And if I had it my way, I would've incinerated this ugly city into nothing but ash. Only reason why I didn't last time was because we needed the High Elves to support us against the Legion of Death, without their support we wouldn't have stood a chance. But luckily for me... well...

Paladin smirked

One day I'll turn this city into nothing but flames and ash... One day...

The carriage then stopped, and Clerius turned to look back at Paladin

"We're here, Lord Inquisitor."

Already?

"I'm guessing I should just go on ahead?" Paladin asked.

"Indeed..." Clerius hopped off the driver's seat and walked over to Paladin's side to open the carriage door. "Evius is likely inside of the throne room, bored and tired of waiting, so let's not waste our time."

"Okay!" Merelona chuckled.

Fair enough...

Entering the throne room ahead of his companions; Paladin walked on the black and white checkered floor, looking on at the vibrant red walls as he approached the red platform where a gold throne lodged with red gems sat on. Sitting on the throne, a woman with inquiring crimson eyes and pale skin looked down at him. She had long grey hair that had a red bow attached, she was wearing a buttoned up shirt that matched her eyes with a black bowtie at her collar. She was wearing a black skirt with knee length black socks, and on her feet were pearl white slippers.

"So in two years, the only thing that changed about your outfit was the color of your skirt and socks," Paladin crossed his arms. "What's the point behind that? Black or white, it doesn't make much of a difference."

Evius closed her eyes and smirked, taking a few moments to herself before answering.

"And in two years, you changed your armor from a righteous white to a raven black. Not to mention, your hair is now blond, and your eyes are now red. What's the point behind that? Black or white, it doesn't make much of a difference," Evius shook her head before opening her eyes. "Welcome back to High Garden, more specifically, my manor, Lord Inquisitor," she then crossed her legs. "I've been waiting for you for a long time now, and I was getting tired of waiting for my knight in shining armor."