Grand Wizard V

Day after the meeting with the Representative from the Spades Empire, I decided it was finally time for the elections to come to an end, and for the next Monarch of Orion to be decided.

Questions about who would become the Monarch remained;

Would Captain Cassius become the next Monarch, leading the Kingdom of Orion into a new age with the Royal Military being the center of everything in the Kingdom, relations with the Inquisition being strained and constantly challenged?
Would Ashley become the next Monarch, dealing a devastating security blow to the Kingdom of Orion and the Inquisition because of the potential of her being the Queen of the New Generation, and the fact that the Inquisition cannot trust her because of this potentiality?

Or would there be a third and relatively unknown candidate who would become the next Monarch of Orion, forging a new future for Orion with almost no experience when it came to the politics of the Kingdom, and when it came to interacting with the Inquisition?

I do not have the answer... Nor can I confidently say that I know that the people will make the right choice when it comes to picking the next Monarch of Orion, the future being unpredictable and full of unknowns.

But when those doors to the Hall of Inquisitors opened, I marched on through the hole made by the New Dawn through the center of the room, walking straight for the throne with Vohom and Highclere both flanking me.

All eyes were upon me, everyone in the room well aware that the time had come to determine the future of the Kingdom of Orion, one of the candidates in the room about to become the next Monarch, and no one knew who it was.

But everyone hoped that whoever was about to be chosen, he or she would be the right choice.

"Who do you think will win?"

"Who do you think it will be?"

"Hmmm... I'm not too sure... Maybe it will be the Elf? Maybe it will be the Captain?"

"I don't think the Elf or the Captain will win in the end, for while they both have a considerable and strong group of supports, I think they are lacking... I instead believe it will be the Mage who wins in the end."

"The Mage? Pfft... are you kidding me? The Mage doesn't stand a damn chance!"

And as I walked up the steps to the throne, turning my back with Highclere and Vohom turning their own, I sat on the throne - silence instantly taking over the room.

In a strange way, it was a bit of a mystical sight to see... There were over hundreds of people standing in the Hall and outside of it, waiting in silence to see who would win the throne.

"Grand Wizard, who do you think will win?" someone shouted.

Didn't take long for the silence to be broken... But it was an interesting question, one I wouldn't verbally be able to answer unless I wanted to throw the Inquisition's support behind one of the candidates.

If I was voting in this election, picking the next Monarch of Orion, Ashley and Captain Cassius would be the immediate ones eliminated, and I would proceed to look for someone with leadership and the ability to work alongside the Inquisition.

Likely someone who was a Veteran... typically they have a lot of leadership experience, and were likely fond of the Inquisition because of our leadership style when it came to defeating the Legion of Death.

Ready to finish the Election, I held out my right hand and made the Staff of the Grand Wizard come into existence, proceeding to slam the bottom of the Staff on the ground the moment it popped into existence.