Lord Inquisitor XXII

Somewhere far in the deep and thick forests of Transylvania. Following Evius, Paladin, Charlotte and Violet walked along a dirt path that guided them. The night prominent with the silver moon shining over them, the sounds of wolves and owls echoed through the night - making Charlotte shiver in fright.

Why was a dragon allowed into this world? How did she make her way to Transylvania? How did they find out that she was a dragon?

Paladin was questioning everything about Charlotte and the vampires; he had many questions that needed answering, especially considering since the dragons always were sticking to Realms of Dragons and never leaving - as far as he knew.

Is there a family of dragons that stayed behind and never left? Are there dragons that wander the world after being left behind? Did a family of dragons escape the world, and Charlotte is the daughter they abandoned? Is Charlotte someone who escaped the Realm?

He considered all possible options as Evius led the group to the opening of a cave, and once they reached the front, Merelona came storming out as Clerius walked behind her - along with maroon armored vampires

"Alphy!" Merelona jumped into the arms of Paladin - who managed to hold onto Charlotte's hand while keeping Merelona up and not dropped to the ground. "Ohhh-- I've missed you so much!" she kissed the sides of Paladin's neck repeatedly. "What took you so long?! It's felt like I've been waiting for centuries again!"

"Certain things occurred..." Violet crossed her arms and averted her gaze. "One of those things is that Dragon girl."

"Dragon girl?"

Merelona stopped and looked down at Charlotte, who was standing behind Paladin in cowardice, looking at the ground and avoidingeye contact with Merelona - or anyone else. She then noticed that Charlotte was holding onto one of the hands of Paladin, and from seeing this sight, her head tilted and her eyes narrowed.

"Hey... have I've seen you from somewhere before...?"

Charlotte gently shook her head

"How old are you?" Merelona asked. "You definitely aren't young - although you act like it. You must be a few decades old if you're a dragon, right?"

Charlotte shrugged - which made Paladin sigh

"Charlotte was held in a very terrible state," Paladin stated. "Wires attached to blades lodged in her back, her blood drained and used to fill lakes barred by glass," he looks down at Charlotte. "Just by seeing her, you could tell that she was in so much pain that she became numb to it. Her pain receptors overworked so much that they smoked and broke down."

"It's unacceptable that an innocent and young lady like her was held in such a... horrifying state," Merelona spoke earnestly. "I hope we can give her a much better life than the one she's been living for... who knows how long."

"Yeah..."

Paladin lowered his head and clenched his teeth in anger

"As Dragon King, I cannot allow another one of my dragons to experience this agony, but the fact that a dragon of mine experienced this pain - for so long too - shows how much of a failure I am," his voice grizzled as his pupils filled with flames. "This kingdom should've been burnt to the ground the moment I found out."

"Don't beat yourself up over it," Violet stepped on Paladin's foot. "Especially since it would be a waste of time and effort..."

"But--"
"But for Transylvania, there is no point in burning it down when you're going to be giving it to Evius, right?" Violet pinched his cheek. "So... think clear, think smart, and think efficiently. Do not waste time and energy you don't need to waste."