Black Frostaria XXVI

Somewhere. Somewhere far from Orion. Somewhere far from Reach. Somewhere far from Frostaria.

Somewhere out of Sol. Somewhere far from the Realm of Dragons. Somewhere far from the Realms of Grey. Somewhere far from the Realms of Order.

Somewhere in the Realms of Chaos perhaps.

Merelona gasped for air as her eyes quickly opened. She was shivering - her body so cold that she could see her breath moments after it left her mouth.

All around her was empty darkness. The ground, the sky, everywhere around her was covered in darkness and there was no sign of any life, structure, or anything at all. It was an empty void in a space seemingly absent from the worldline that included Sol.

In a panic. She quickly turned her head left and then right. Her breathing rapidly picked up as she was about to have a panic attack. She didn't know where she was or how she got there.

"Elaine!! Eris!! Where are you?!!!"

The last thing she remembered was sitting next to Elaine and Eris. Whatever happened after that she didn't remember.

Or maybe that's wrong. Maybe this is the 'whatever happened after'. Meaning that from plain sight she poofed out of existence next to Elaine and Eris.

"Violet!! Violet, are you there?!!!"

"Calm down, Merelona."

Her desperate call was answered. Violet floated down beside her. Merelona instantly rejoiced as she wasn't the only one in the empty void.

"Violet! Violet!! Thank goodness... thank goodness... I'm not the only one here, ...I'm not the only one..." she shed a few tears.

"Calm down."

"...Where.... Where are we...?"

Violet let out a sigh.

"Good question. I wish I had the answer to that, ...but I don't."

Merelona then tried to move next to Violet, but she was unable to. For some odd reason, no matter how hard she tried to move her body she was never able to. It was like her body was in a frozen state outside of her face.

"...Why... Why can't I move?"

"Merelona, do you remember anything - anything at all?"

Merelona thought hard. She thought back to what had happened, and she tried really, really hard to remember what led them to being an empty void. She tried so hard in fact that her teeth clenched and her eyes narrowed at the ground.

"Oh-- ho! Yes!! I do remember!!"

"What? What do you remember?"

"When we were watching Elaine, I heard a knock on the door, so I went to go see who it was. It was Eris, I remember Eris being there with... some black shadow looming behind her..."

"So you remember nothing after--"

"Elaine and Eris are in danger!! We have to save them!!!"

Merelona again panicked. The black shadow that loomed behind Eris was bothering her. She didn't know what it was or why it was there, but she knew it was trouble. A wise assumption.

"I agree. ...We have to get out of this place first."

"But how? How do we--"

"There is no leaving."