Kenma IV

(A/n people are getting confused lmao. This is the Halloween Haikyuu world. Hinata is a jack o' lantern. Kenma is a phantom cat. Oikawa is a vampire and Iwaizumi is this zombie thing with two knives.)

Hinata rolled down the street as the happy little pumpkin he was until a tail caught his attention.

Unrolling, he peeked over the bush to see a little phantom cat playing video games surrounded by snacks.

"Hello!"

The ghost turned around in shock as Hinata sat down next to him before slanting his eyes slowly.

"I don't want you company..."

Hinata tilted his head in confusion as he asked.

"Why?"

"Because you stand out too much?"

"How?"

The cat slowly turned away from his game with a lazy stare.

"Maybe 'coz you're bright orange?"

Hinata giggled cutely as he nodded.

"Oh yeah... Oops I forgot."

They then introduced each other and Hinata found himself enjoying the time they spent together.

Kenma was smiling a little bit too but he still looked a little uncomfortable.

"What's wrong Kenma?" Hinata asked and the phantom cat looked away awkwardly.

"I just don't like attention... sorry..."

Hinata realized that his overabundance of questions was probably overwhelming the cat so he backed off a little before asking.

"That's okay but can I still hang out with you?"

Against what he usually says, Kenma nodded and Hinata sat down. The cat was confused at why he let the pumpkin stay but he ignored it and started up his game again.

The pumpkin then watched as Kenma kept gaming and Hinata didn't mind keeping silent as watching Kenma beat boss's were fun.

"Woah...." he gasped in awe as Kenma cleared another level but then the sound of rustling caught both their attentions.

"Shh! There's someone coming! Hide!" Kenma hissed and Hinata jumped into a bush before peeking out.

Kenma hadn't moved from his spot and Hinata was confused until he saw Kenma hide his body underneath the white sheets and immediately started to fade from sight.

Woah that's camouflaged...

Hinata marveled at the sight until he noticed something.

Kenma didn't hide his tail properly!

But before Hinata could say anything, Oikawa the vampire could be seen walking down the path and Hinata panicked because Oikawa was well known for giving too much attention.

Knowing that his new friend doesn't like to be in the spotlight, he knew that Oikawa was the last thing Kenma wanted in his life.

The vampire got closer and closer and Hinata acted on instinct because before Oikawa could see the tail of the phantom cat, Hinata rolled out the bushes with his body tucked in.

At the sudden appearance of something so bright orange, Oikawa jumped back a little before realizing it was just a pumpkin that rolled out the bushes and sighed before turning to pay attention to Hinata.

Completely focused on the orange, he didn't even see the tabby tail poking out from what seemed like nowhere as Oikawa picked up Hinata but before he could walk off with the pumpkin, a zombie with two butcher knives came along.

"What are you doing Shittykawa?" he asked and the vampire shivered before placing Hinata back down.

"Nothing~"

The two then bickering and Hinata slowly uncurled himself before going over to tuck Kenma's tail in.

A few more moments pass and the two then walked away as Kenma sighed before coming out from under his sheets, the camouflage wearing off.

"Thanks... I didn't even notice my tail was out..." he muttered and Hinata smiled before going back over to sit next to the phantom cat.

"That's okay!" Hinata grinned and they then went back into silence as Hinata sat next to Kenma. The cat stopped for a second to pull Hinata's head onto his shoulders and he didn't even make eye contact as he muttered.

"You'll be uncomfortable if you sit like that, I don't mind if you lean on me."

Hinata smiled before getting comfortable snuggling against Kenma and the two went back to watching Kenma play, comfortable with each other.