Tsukishima IIIa

Character personalities have been changed to suit the story.

Hinata's POV

I'm so stupid
I'm so stupid
I'm so stupid
I'M SO STUPID!!!!!!!

Tears stream down my face as I clutch at my hair, my heart felt like it has shattered to a million pieces and I forgot how to breathe.

Why?
Why?!
Why?!?!

I can't believe I just sat back this whole time and just assumed that Bakayama would continue to like me back.

I thought he did like me back at first....

But now....

What did I do wrong???

3rd person POV

Earlier that day, Hinata woke up cheerful as usual as he got up, dressed, and ate breakfast before grabbing his bag and biking to school.

It was a Sunday and that meant a day off but he and his crush had volleyball practice together.

I wonder if he's there already? I should bike faster!

The excited ginger flew down at top speed towards the school and by the time he got there, he was breathless.

"I'm here!!!!" Hinata yelled as he tried to slam open the gym doors but instead of it opening to reveal his grumpy crush, it was locked with no Kageyama in sight.

Woah did I get here earlier than Bakayama for once??

Hinata thought happily as he sat on the steps waiting for the setter to arrive.

I can't wait to see his face!!! Especially when I  beat him in getting here!!!

The ginger giggled to himself as minutes tick by and soon, it was half an hour after their supposed meeting time.

Maybe he's stuck helping someone or something? He was active online on our group chat earlier so he definitely didn't oversleep. And volleyball is super important to him so....

I'll just wait here....

An hour passed and Hinata had gotten up to throw his volleyball at the wall. It bounced off the wall and back towards the middle blocker.

With ease, Hinata bounced it back up towards the wall and the cycle restarted.

Two hours later and.... No Kageyama....

"I should check my phone!" Hinata suddenly remembered as he bolted for his back and opened up messages.

There was a message!

From... Oh it's just Tsukki.

Wait.... TSUKKI NEVER TEXTS ME?!?!?!?

He could already hear the annoyed voice from him saying 'don't call me that' as panic took over and he opened the message to read their chat and his eyes opened with surprise.

"Why is he telling me to not cry when I open his photo? Oh gosh is it horror....?"

He knows I hate gore and stuff so he's probably doing it on purpose.

I'm not going to cry.

He texted as he downloaded the image. It took a moment with his data but when it was done, Hinata not being prepared was an understatement.

What Tsukishima sent was a photo.

One that made his heart stop beating momentarily as he forgot to breathe.

It can't be....

Not wanting to accept reality, Hinata looked towards the sky before clutching his small fists before finally turning back.

Why?

Why?.... How?

You're crying aren't u rn dumbass?

Hinata wiped the tears away as he shook his head. He was but there was no way he was going to admit it.

What? Of course not!

Stop lying idiot and turn around

Hinata turned to see the salt shaker leaning against the wall by the corner and staring at him.

"Tsukki?!"

Hinata exclaimed confused and Tsukishima sighed.

"I already said, don't call me Tsukki." The blonde sighed as he clicked his tongue.

"But how-?" Hinata started but Tsukishima pointed at his phone.

"That was sent almost an hour ago dumbass, I had enough time to walk here because I knew your stupid ass didn't know." Tsukishima sighed grumpily and the tears stopped momentarily as Hinata laughed.

"Don't call me stupid you beanpole!"

Tsukishima's facial features softened slightly when Hinata laughed but the ginger didn't notice through his tears before the blonde returned to his resting b!tch face.

"Anyway, you have a crush on King don't you?" he asked and Hinata immediately went quiet again.

"N-n-no....." the ginger stammered and Tsukishima wanted to face palm himself.

"Okay fine, I've got a small crush on Yams so just admit your own already." he snapped and Hinata nodded.

"okay okay! I've had a crush on Kageyama for a while..."

Hinata blushed bright red and Tsukishima smirked a little...

Idiot

...before going serious again.

"What did the King say to you"

"Huh?" questioned Hinata and Tsukishima sighed.

I forgot how stupid he was...

"What was King's excuse today? Yams told me he was going to study alone today, that's why I was pissed to see them together." Tsukishima spat out annoyed and Hinata's tears built up again.

"He....hasn't texted me at all lately unless it was important...."

Well damn, I didn't realize the King was fully ignoring Shrimpy...

"Wait, so why are you still interested idiot?"

Wait, why am I pissed at this?

"Because... I don't know!! I just like Bakayama okay!" he started to gasp as he refused to break down in front of Tsukishima. Instead he just crouched down to the floor and hid his face underneath his arms as he wiped the pooling tears and Tsukishima looked away in panic. "Tch...."

He didn't know what to do but he really didn't like seeing Hinata upset.

It's just too strange to see him cry since he's always laughing. It's like the sun itself giving ice instead of heat.