Akaashi

Akaashi's pov

I just finished calming Bokuto down because he was just beaten in a game by a move he taught Hinata.

I sigh as I saw out captain happy again as he was getting hyped up by the other team members. It was exhausting to have to list all the potential possible outcomes that would occur depending on his behavior and I was overheating.

I closed my eyes briefly before opening them with shock.

Hinata's face was really close as he had pressed a cold water bottle against my face and held a damp towel.

"Sugamama keeps saying it's tiring to look after all of us so I get him water and damp towels after each match.... and thought you might...."

He noticed me exhausted? Well I'm so glad he's a considerate child. It's hard to find people as insightful as this nowadays...

I smiled at the ginger and took the towel from his small but firm hands as I pressed the cool fabric against my face.

This is what I needed....

"Thanks Hinata" I said and couldn't help but smile more as Hinata's face lit up with happiness and he bounced back to his team with his face screaming 'I did a good.'

3rd pov

It continued for the whole week of their training camp continued and everytime Akaashi needed something, Hinata was there to help. From simple things like sharing some much needed water to giving Akaashi a massage on Wednesday night because Bokuto hit more ruts than normal.

It waa mid summer and the heat didn't help him as the temperature rose each day. It was good endurance training as they sweated more each day but it was still exhausting.

By Saturday, the day before they leave, Akaashi was really to faint from overworking in his body that's built for thinking and skill rather than long time endurance. Exhausted both mentally and physically, he sighed as no one seemed to notice the pain he was in as he set another spike while his mind spun.

His poker face was hard to read after all and because of it, no one would know when it hurt for him.

Hinata spiked Akaashi's set before staring at his hands in confusion.

"Are you okay Akaashi?"

The setter looked at Hinata with mild confusion.

"Your spike felt odd, are you okay?"

The ginger ran over to check up on Akaashi, his unbelievable volleyball instincts had told him the almost perfect set was slightly sloppy.

"No... I'm okay... Hinata I'm f-"

"I'm taking a break!!!!"

The other watched as Hinata yelled his break before they saw Akaashi being dragged to the staff room where Hinata sat him under the AC.

Once they alone, Hinata pressed his forehead against the older one and sighed.

"Thank goodness there's no fever, so you want anything?"

Akaashi shook his head as his mind started to clear up again, the cool AC air finally letting his overheated body relax. Hinata smiled as he watched Akaashi lie down on the staff sofa, his volleyball shirt slightly exposing his toned stomach and the ginger blushed.

"I'll g-go get a c-cold towel to w-wipe your s-sweat!" he stammered before turning to leave but Akaashi suddenly sat up and grabbed him by the shirt, pulling Hinata onto his lap.

"L-Let go I-I'm.. Umm.... sweaty!"

"I don't care" Akaashi sighed into Hinata's ear and Hinata felt his body temperature hit the danger zone.

"I-I'll overheat you!"

"Then do that, I just want to hold you right now."

With no comebacks, Hinata sat still looking away to hide his blushing face but to no avail.

"Okay now who's overheating." Akaashi smirked as he found teasing the ginger adorable. He crept a hand under Hinata's shirt to let his large hands turn the blushing face towards him. The melting mess in his arms reminded him of when he saw the ginger in the bathroom having a breakdown and he smiled at the memory.

"Hey! That smile! That's not fair!" Hinata protested as he wasn't use to the cool stoic face so happy.

"Well you're too cute." Akaashi swiftly replied as he bumped their foreheads together.

"I... What? N-"

Hinata shut up as his protesting lips were sealed by Akaashi's and it took a moment to realize what was going on.

....

Akaashi drew back when he saw that Hinata had fainted in his arms, tongue slightly out and a little drool running. Face flushed with eyes that spun with confusion and embarrassment.

It was the cutest thing ever but....

"Oops..."