Ushijima III

Cold.

If Hinata could describe the person he was currently staring at in one word, it would be cold.

The ginger boy was the owner of his own coffee shop and today began just like any other. Waking up, getting ready, finishing prep, and then opening his little store. His usual string of customers came in and out but apart from the slightly busier than usual morning, everything was normal.

"Are you coming?"

Hinata shook his head as he declined Oikawa's invitation. There was a festival the next town over which was why so many people passed in the morning. It was also the reason who the afternoon became so quiet. It was so quiet in fact that the shop was empty after Oikawa left.

At the sound of the bell opening, the usual customer smile plastered an the ginger's face.

"Good afternoon! What can I get you today?"

The sunset eyes opened to meet the person, only to widen at contact.

Oh Asahi... He's so tall...

"Coffee."

Hinata snapped out of his thoughts at just how the person in front of him was almost twice his height, and nodded.

"How would you like that?"

The person didn't make eye contact as he glanced at the hanging menu.

"Just black."

He didn't order anything else and instead, sat down in the furthest corner.

It wasn't the silence which abruptly crashed in that made the atmosphere of the pleasant store uncomfortable. Hinata was more than used to a quiet workplace. It was the fact the customer sat there, back straight as if he was diligently mentaining his posture. The way the man just sat there was out of place within the cozy café but Hinata didn't mind. After all, there was always some first time customers who were a little awkward.

Grabbing a plate, the ginger looked down into the display counter.

What would he like...

The eyes settled on a cream and chocolate fruit cake and Hinata smiled before setting a slice up. It was two fluffy slices of vanilla sponge with fruit-filled cream in between. The top of the cake was an earthy brown as there were chocolate chunks and bitter cocoa powder had been dusted on top. From the side, each slice looked like a slice from the earth itself. With the top imitating a soil like plot of earth, the sponge cake itself was like the ground below holding a secret treasure trove of sparkling fruit gems.

"Here."

The ginger boy sat the plate down and the customer looked at him.

"I didn't order this."

The shop owner just kept smiling as he took a step back.

"I know, but it's your first time here so I thought I could do something to celebrate."

The person just nodded ever so slightly before returning to just sip his coffee while sitting straight up. He was obviously not going to talk anymore so Hinata returned back behind the counter.

Cold...

"Wa~ka~to~shi~kuuun~"

Huh?

The ginger lifted his head to see that another customer finally walked into the café. Since Hinata had mostly blanked out, the ginger hadn't even noticed hat half the day had flew by. Yet this whole time, the customer managed to keep sitting still and in attention. Even when he ate, the man didn't move from the uncomfortable looking position.