Draco X Reader.

**This is a request, if anyone has any you can either comment or send me a message, and as soon as I see it I'll respond :) Thank you to KSANNDE for this one, I hope you like it, any tweaks you want changing I'm more than happy to do <3**

"Yeah, well at least I don't have daddy issues" I couldn't help but snap at Draco one day, slouching further into the comfort of the sofa, though realistically, did I have daddy issues? At least I wouldn't admit it out loud if I did. He was beginning to get on my nerves now, smiling stupidly at me, not even batting an eye at my out of pocket comment. 

"Awe, bad day ice queen?" He jutted his bottom lip out mockingly, though his smile never faltered. I noticed Blaise shuffle away from me, him and Pansy giving each other odd looks, you know those 'should we leave them to it?' looks we always got. 

Usually, I would say I was a ray of sunshine, but I've realised that the Slytherin common room is honestly a safe space contrary to the belief of other houses, where you can act however you want without people constantly judging you. There was rarely ever any hostility, and even Draco was more comfortable and bubbly when we were down here. Today though, I was so done with everything. 

FIRST, I forgot to hand in my potions homework and got a detention, then we went to divination and no matter how hard I tried it just wasn't my thing, and then when we had tranfiguration for our mock tests, I failed turning a parrot into a sword. I mean come on, who in their right mind would turn a bird into a sword anyway?

"Careful, or I'll freeze you out" There was a bitter edge to my voice, but Draco just laughs, Pansy and Blaise chuckling awkwardly while trying to shuffle further out of what Pansy once told me was the 'Snap ring'. She'd come up with it after a game of exploding snap, when I was having a ridiculous day and Draco was somehow having the best, leading him to poke fun at me until I snapped and almost hexed his eyebrows off. 

Draco stood up, before collapsing next to me on the sofa where Blaise was previously sat, kicking his feet up over one side of the sofa and laying his head in my lap, staring up at me with those twinkly grey eyes. That grin never faulted. 

"You're so cute when you're angry" As though to point it out, he poked me cheek, and I was finding it harder and harder not to hex him. Usually, I thrived on his attention, and I got quite a lot of it when it was just the Slytherins in the common room. Today, however, my patience was wearing thin. 

I mean, I liked him. I did, really liked him. I wish I could just admit it to him but I didn't have the courage. I didn't want him to turn me down and never speak to me again. So when I say I usually loved the attention, I truly mean it, but I went through a phase every few weeks where my social battery was drained and all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and ignore the harsh reality of the world. I'm kidding, we were still in school, it wasn't too harsh... yet. 

"(Y/n)....(Y/n)....(Y/n)...." With each time he drawled out my name, he poked my cheek, and after three attempts to get my attention I finally snap, grabbing his hand and looking down at him properly for the first time. God, the way that his hair shone in the dim light, fluttering lightly across his face and barely brushing the tops of his ears. And those eyes, I couldn't feel myself sagging lightly at the way he was looking at me, that smile now soft as he stared up at me. 

"What?"

"You're pretty" My eyes widen slightly when he slipped his fingers through mine in the hand that I'd grabbed and still not let go of, his eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly dispute the light smile that played across his face "What happened today?" He squeezed the hand he was holding lightly, bringing our hands to rest on his chest. 

"Everything just went wrong" I sighed, trying to ignore the heat crawling up my neck and cheeks, looking away at the burning fire that was starting to fizzle out, Blaise and Pansy now gone completely.

"Well, mother sent me some chocolates the other day, you know, the ones you love?" My gaze snaps back to his, and a cheery smile was plastered across his face. I hated how he was so beautiful, it was like the Aphrodite had carved him from rock with her bare hands. 

"You're an idiot" I mumble, suddenly flustered and unaware of what I was saying. I wanted to instantly take it back, he was genuinely getting the best grades in the whole year, if we're excluding Hermione. Maybe I meant because of the way he treated me? I couldn't understand how we were just friends when this was how we acted. 

Almost as an apology, I start to run my fingers through his hair, and he let out a content sigh. I watched as he fluttered his eyes closed before speaking "Chocolate it it. I'll bring a blanket down in a minute and you can tell me everything about your day" His voice was soft as he spoke. 

"Draco?"

"Yes?" He still hadn't opened his eyes. 

"I like you" My breath caught in my throat as I said those words. Praying to any god that would listen that I hadn't just ruined this all. I watched him carefully as he fluttered his eyes open, his hand squeezing mine ever so slightly harder as he stared at me with his eyebrows furrowed. 

"As in.... like like me?" His chest stilled as he said that, and my hand paused from running through his soft hair. 

"Yes"

"Well, it's probably a good thing I like you too?" He grinned, bringing our interlocked hands to his lips to press a light kiss on my knuckles, and suddenly I felt more relaxed than I'd been in a really, really long time "So.... Chocolate, blankets, telling me about your day and cuddling?" He seemed to brighten up, sitting up while never letting go of my hand, and I could feel a small smile creeping onto my lips. 

"That sounds perfect" I sit up, and he grins, letting go of my hand and rushing up to the dorms. He's only gone a few minutes, just enough time for me to stare off to the side into the great lake and process what had just happened. 

He likes me back. 

Draco likes me. 

I told him. 

"(Y/n)?" Draco places the chocolate on the side table at the other side of the sofa, plonking himself down on that end before placing his legs across the sofa stretched out just enough that his socks were pressed against my thighs "Well, aren't you going to join me?"

I crawled across until I was practically draped across him, the giddy feeling tightening in my chest seemed so contradictory to the exhaustion that I felt as I our legs tangle together, my head resting against his chest. He threw the blanket over us, the soft velvety material covering our legs, and he tucked it just under my chin, before passing me a chocolate. 

It was smooth and rich, and he lets ouch a chuckle and my content sigh. Only once I'd finished it, he spoke up "So, tell me everything"