Reformed Education: Second Year

A/N: We are going to be leaving Hogwarts for a little bit! Lucius is doing some interesting things. Extra-long chapter yall. I got really into this one.

POV: Lucius Malfoy

It is 00:00 and I am sitting in the Minister's office.

"Lord Malfoy, surely we could have waited for the morning." Fudge was not pleased.

"Minister, it's about Hogwarts." That woke him up. At the center of Politics was children's' safety.

"Well tell me!"

"My boys contacted me today. They were obviously distressed. Apparently today a student was petrified. They don't know what petrified the student, but sure enough a student is petrified."

"Which student?"

"Josey Yaxley. Kid of a powerful family. Not the heir, but still. They won't be pleased. I have contacted Lord Yaxley since the school did not. He and his partner will be here soon. Lady Bones also received a letter from her niece, Susan, detailing the night."

"Lord Malfoy, I can speak for myself."

"Of course."

"Here is the letter Susan sent me. Minister, I do hate to bring politics into this. Children's safety should not be a controversial issue. But if I, Lord Malfoy, and other members of Wizengamot take our children out of Hogwarts, many families will follow our lead. I have already looked into other schools for my Susan."

"The schools I am looking at for my boys have more to offer. I might pull them out just so they have a chance at life. Hogwarts is a laughing stock. We only have one sport, clubs aren't really encouraged, and the children don't get a lot of experience in the real world. Take Beauxbatons, they offer Polo, multiple Quidditch teams not just 4, football, basketball, rugby, and a few other sports. They have a club for kids based on the careers they want to pursue. This way they can find out if they would like it. Why should I pay for my boys to attend Hogwarts when there is a school that offers more? Mark my words Minister my children will be pulled out of that school if nothing changes."

"Same with my niece."

"Same with our children." I hadn't realized the majority of Wizengamont had gathered here.

"Would you all like to wait for the morning to have an emergency meeting or now?" Fudge was already getting a house-elf to bring coffee.

"Now." Supreme Mugwumps Wood spoke. Fudge nodded, he sent out an emergency letter to all the members who weren't here. Within twenty minutes everyone was here.

"Let's get started." Lady Woods brought us all to the chamber. "As Supreme Mugwumps, I proclaim this meeting started. Lord Hansen roll call." He went through the names.

"Now the main pressing issue is Hogwarts." Several professors who held seats were surprised. "Lord Malfoy and Lady Bones have been working together to monitor the happenings at Hogwarts. I welcome them to take the floor and present their findings."

"Thank you Supreme Mugwumps." Amelia and I said at the same time.

"We, Lord Malfoy, and I want to emphasize this is not an issue between dark and light. This is about our children."

"That being said, while ideally, we would have had more time to work on this, we have been looking into what happens in Hogwarts walls ever since the troll incident of last year. As we are all well aware a teacher attacked a student last year or is believed to. Between this and the fact Hogwarts is just an outdated school, we fear we may lose enrollment." Take Beuxbatons, they start school earlier. Offering an elementary school for children ages 5 to 10. It is not an overnight program, just a simple education. I enrolled my boys for two years when we stayed in France for a while. It was amazing. They learned the basics that we all need. They learned to count, they learned to read, the teacher there even offered to put the boys in a special program for heirs of politically powerful families so that they might be more educated. I turned down the offer seeing as my boys were around 9 and I thought well Hogwarts will teach them. Hogwarts offers no classes to our children, our heirs, on politics. Zero. We instead have to educate them ourselves. Who educates the muggle-borns on how our politics work? You all complain that muggle-borns aren't involved in government, could it be because the school we send them to teaches them nothing?" I heard murmurs throughout the crowd. This whole thing was recorded.