Chapter 22

Matthias POV

Life is hard these days, especially since the day my mother wants me to get married and raise a family. At this point, I would prefer working under my not so cute little brother and wake up early in the morning than meeting another woman. It has only been a few weeks since my birthday and I have already met over two dozen women and she's expecting me to marry one of them. It was ridiculous.

I never noticed before, but my attraction for women had greatly diminished. Like all mothers, she knows what I like, and that includes my taste in women. But ever since I met Daniel, it has not been the same. They all seem so dull and unappealing. Therefore, mom is quite confused since they are women that I would usually approach. This is also when I realized that the werewolf whom I hated and couldn't stand the presence of is the only one I want as my partner, as my mate.

Every time I think about him, my non-beating heart jumps back to life. Every time we meet, I feel like time is slowing down and I wish that this moment never stops. Before I knew about it, I had fallen in love with Daniel. But what about him?

I have also never voiced my feelings, but I think that I have been pretty clear with my actions and attitude toward the man. However, it is so hard to tell what Daniel is thinking. Him coming to my birthday and all the dates was a big plus and proof that he cared. Then why can't I stop doubting him? Is it because he is still refusing to let me drink from him? Or that maybe he is only doing it by obligation. Werewolves take the mating issue very seriously. So, maybe he doesn't like me and it's only his instincts taking over? Then, wouldn't it be the same for me?

This is too complicated. My brain is not ready for it so early in the morning. But one thing is sure, I only want my mate. What is not to like? He has an impressive body, his wolf form is kind of cute and even if he's more on the stern side, he is like a cute teddy bear once you know him a bit more. He will not like it if he knows that I called him cute and a bear.

Tired of rolling around on my bed, I went take a quick shower to refresh myself and scavenge something from the kitchen. Time for lunch has already passed, and I don't want to bother the cook. Therefore, instead of heading to the kitchen, I grab a bag of blood before opening it and slowly sipping it. My eyes roll back when Daniel's blood dances on my tongue. This is the sweetest honey, the nectar of the Gods. I almost got an erection from it. I can already imagine how it'll taste when I slowly suck it out from Daniel's. I think his blood is the biggest aphrodisiac I'll ever have. If only I didn't have to control how many packets I need to consume per month, I would drink it until I get drunk and fat from it. Way too fast, I emptied the bag. I am really tempted to feast on another one, but if I do I will have to abstain from it next week.

When I thought that I could spend the rest of the day with no disturbance, my phone rings. I really want to ignore it, but I know that she will keep calling until I answer it. With a sigh, I accept the call and put her on speaker.

"Hello Mum, how are you?" I greet while tossing the empty blood bag in the bin.

"Ah, finally you answered," she says in a hurry as I worry about her wellbeing.

"Did something happen? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine. I'm fine, but I can't stop worrying about you."

I frown as I slightly tilt my head to the side. "Worried about me? Why is that? Did something happen to the hotels?"

My mother clicks her tongue instead of swearing. Then, she takes a big breath before starting a monologue. "I can't believe I have a son as dense as you. Listen, do you know how old I am? I always thought that you would marry first being the eldest, but after so many years, each and every one of my children patiently waited for their mate. And this is all my fault. I have taught you too well. That is a good thing, but I'm getting so old..."