Chapter 26

Matthias POV

"About your mother," Daniel starts as I sigh.

"I don't want to talk about her," I grumble before forcefully stabbing a piece of meat with his fork, which caused the plate to break.

"Maybe it's time that we tell her."

I pause as I stare at the broken plate. Did I hear wrong? He wants us to tell her the truth? Do we not know the same person?

I finally let go of the fork before leaning back in my chair as my appetite disappears. "Do you know something that I don't about my mother?" I ask in disbelief.

"I don't... But don't you think it's better than having you go through all that pain?"

I sigh once again before massaging my temples. I feel like I am going to have a headache. "Let me think about it."

I leave the table and head out to the patio to get some silence and fresh air. I know he is trying to help, but announcing it to my mother is not the right thing to do. No matter what we say, she will not accept it. She hates werewolves with a passion even my dad can't convince her. However, not telling her will not solve the problem either.

"I don't understand what you're hesitating about," Tricia comments before drinking from her glass of water.

"You met my mother. I'm sure you know."

"I did, and she's a selfish bitch." I frown unhappily about her comment but don't answer. "I never met a mother who was unwilling to save her child for such a selfish reason."

"What do you want?" I snap, unable to contain my anger. No matter how bad our relationship is, I won't tolerate anyone insulting my family.

"You're crying about your situation, but you're scared about facing reality. Did you not realize that you're simply running away?"

"No matter what I say, she'll not accept it."

She loudly sighs as if exasperated. "Who is my Alpha's mate, you or your mother?"

"I am?" I answer, uncertain where she wants to go with that.

"Do you want to be with him?"

"Of course," I answer without hesitation.

"Do you want a family with him?"

"Yes."

"Do you love him?"

"Is that twenty-one question?" I joke. Will she continue until I admit I want to spread my legs and beg Daniel to fuck me?

"Answer me. Do you love him?" she ordered seriously without missing a beat.

If you wish to read the rest of the chapter, go on TAPAS. There, chapter 32 is already available.

Here's the link.
https://m.tapas.io/KaedeT

Thank you ❤️