Chapter 24

Matthias POV

Enough is enough. I may love being a lazy potato, but I am not a hermit. After almost two weeks, I decide to leave Daniel's room. I am at least very thankful that my mate has an attached bathroom and Tricia, the Beta, that has been giving me food. I have heard of their raw and bloody diet from Nikolas. However, I am pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as my pampered little brother said. Of course, it isn't perfect since their diet comprised meat only, but everything was well-cooked and seasoned.

After leaving the room, I walk down the stairs but this house is bigger than in my memory. I try to remember the path to the living room on the first floor, but to avail. I sigh and look around while trying to retrace my steps, but I think I made it worse. I am lost.

I lighten up when I notice someone walking further down the hallways. "Excuse me," I call the young teenager as I rush toward him.

He freezes as fear emanated out of him. "Y-yes, Alpha?!" he squeaks.

I frown in confusion. "I'm not the Alpha..."

He quickly turns around. When he notices I am indeed not Daniel, he relaxes a little. "W-who are you? A-and why is there the Alpha's scent all over you?"

"I'm Matthias and-" I can't even finish my sentence that the boy whimpers and takes a few steps away from me. "I'm only looking for the entrance. Can you tell me where it is?"

"Jack!" an angry voice called from the end of the hallway. "Why aren't you doing your chores yet?! You useless-"

I didn't notice how small the young werewolf was until a much bigger man stands next to him.

"You must be the Alpha's mate," he forces a smile. "Did he do disturb you? Don't worry, I'll punish him immediately."

I may not like werewolves, but I can't ignore an innocent being falsely accused. I stand in between him and Jack. "Who told you, you could punish him?"

I can see his frustration when I got in his way. "He's only an omega. Why can't I punish him for his wrongdoing?"

Jack whimpers as he gets even smaller while hiding behind me. "What did he do wrong?" I raise an eyebrow as I cross my arms.

He clearly wants to challenge me, but he knows I am Daniel's mate. If he challenges me, it is like challenging Daniel. Yet, I am not officially mated to him, so I only hope he will quietly let it go. If it comes to fists, I'm confident that I'll win. But that little guy, he will faint or piss his pants before long.

"If you have nothing to say, leave. I'll take care of it or we can always call my mate to take care of this." I take a step forward as I trespass on his personal space.

When he doesn't answer, I growl at him and take another step. We are so close that I can see my reflection in his eyes. After a moment, I notice my blood-red pupils and that I have been releasing my aura, which has been suffocating the werewolf. I take a step back and control my emotions. Quickly, he takes multiple deep breaths like a man who has been starved for days. When he regained his composure, he glared at me before walking away.

"Good riddance," I mutter to myself before remembering Jack. "Are you alright?" The boy slightly nods as he keeps staring at his feet. "Take me to the kitchen or something. You need a glass of water."

When he doesn't respond, I gently tap him on his shoulder. He flinches and I can finally stare into his cute hazelnut coloured eyes. He nervously looks around as if fearing that jerk would come back.

"It's alright. No one will bother you," I add to assure the young werewolf.

"B-but I still have chores to do. You'll be in trouble too," he whispers while nervously rubbing his arm.