Chapter15

Daniel POV

Last night was harsh. I should have said something yesterday, but what could I have said? It was a shock hearing news like that one. How can I anticipate that having a vampire as a mate could change things so much? I only thought that we had to mend the bridge from both sides to be able to develop a normal relationship. If I want to have Matthias as my long-lasting partner, I have to accept him in his entirety. I don't want him to eat from a bag each time he has the munchies. It is as if I had to eat well-cooked meat every single meal. Urg, the thought of eating that tough and chewy food makes my stomach churns.

Plus, there is another problem to think about. The changes that will occur on my body. There is immortality but are there other things? No one knows. At least, I'm not turning into a vampire or a hybrid. That would be a mess. There is also the fact that I will be the only one to live forever in my pack. This means that I will not only witness my parents but Claudia, Tricia and Leigh pass away first while I stay forever young. This is not normal.

With a sigh, I leave my room. I don't know how to face Matthias. What should I say? How should I act? Do I act like nothing happened last night? Why am I doubting myself? This is not me. We will have to talk about it sooner or later. I don't run away. I never do.

Before I can even reach the first floor, a butler is here to greet me good morning. He then, informed me that everyone is waiting in the dining room and that he will show me the way. I will never get used to this. At home, I had food given to me a few times especially when I was busy, but never this level of servitude. At some point, I wonder if they would do anything you ask. Will they wipe your mouth if you ask them to? I shake my head at the thought. This is ridiculous.

Quickly reaching the living room, I notice Matthias and Dimitrius already seated at the table, but Nikolas is nowhere to be seen. He must have gone back home. Both men are reading the newspaper, so they don't notice me walking in. It is only when I take a seat that the doctor notices my presence so he folds back the newspaper before placing it on the table. While Matthias either does not notice or he is deliberately ignoring me.

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" Demetrius asks politely.

"Good, thank you," I answer with a nod as he replicates it.

No other words were exchanged before breakfast is served which to my dismay is not meat. Do not judge me. I eat meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I don't get constipated. Also, vegetables are a waste of stomach space. Even with our meal in front of us, Matthias is still not acknowledging my presence. He's only talking with the other vampire. He is acting like I'm not even in the room.

For a while, I did not mind it since I thought that he is still recovering from yesterday. But he has ignored me for an entire day! Even when I tried to start a conversation, he brushes me off saying he has something to do. When I ask one of his staff about his whereabouts, they all answer that he is busy and doesn't want to be disturbed. He is avoiding me like I had the plague and it is starting to annoy the hell out of me. I don't believe for one second that he is busier than the Queen of England. Enough is enough.

Before I go upstairs, I spot a maid in the corner of my eyes, so I call her over. "Is there something you need, Sir?" she asks politely with a subtle bow of her head.

"Do you know where Matthias is?"

"I believe he has already retired in his bedroom," she answers after thinking a little bit about it with a finger on his chin.

"I see," I mumble before smiling at her. "Thank you."

"You're welcome!" she chirped before walking away.