Chapter 18

Matthias POV

I don't wait for the man sitting in the car to get into the house as I directly head toward my bedroom. It is only when I closed the door behind me that I sighed in relief. I don't know what took over me to propose that idea. And I certainly didn't expect him to agree!

There is no point in crying over spilled milk. I better put my brain to use and think about what we could do while he stays here. But as unbelievable as it seems, I never dated before. I had multiple short-term bed partners but I never felt the need to invest myself in a serious relationship. There is no point in getting one when I don't reap any benefits from it.

Yet, the second my eyes landed on Daniel that belief was shattered. It was as if nothing mattered anymore. I only need him by my side and my world would be perfect. Then, why am I hesitating to take a step further with our relationship? At first, I thought I couldn't accept him because of his race but I am not so sure anymore.

During and after a much-needed shower, I still do not know how to entertain my guest. Since sleep is optional for my kind, I am planning to search for "dating" spots so I won't make a fool out of myself.

However, my plan is ruined when I notice the outsized wolf laying on his belly in the middle on my bed. It may be a king-sized one, but the wolf can almost occupy half of it by himself. Since it is not the first time seeing him in this form, I want to say that it is becoming normal? But more importantly, I am grateful that I wore a pair of sweatpants before coming out of the bathroom. This was the best decision of my life.

"I see that you're comfortable," I comment as I sit on a corner of my bed.

Since Daniel is in his wolf form, he can't answer but he also doesn't move. Except for his ears that twitched and stood erect as his tail slightly wags. Well, this is cute. It changes from his usual stoic expression.

"Have a good night," I add before closing the lights and slip under the bed covers next to the fluffy werewolf.

( ु⁎ᴗ_ᴗ⁎)ु.。oO

When I wake up in the early afternoon, the spot on the bed beside me was already empty. I don't surprise me and I am used to waking up alone but it would have been nice to cuddle up with all his fur. It looks so soft and fluffy. When I reach the dining room, I am informed that he already ate which is disappointing although I made sure to not let it show. I don't see him for most of the day, but when I do he looks so busy.

Well, I am too but I am a genius at everything I do so it's not a problem. The newly refurbished hotels are doing well in every aspect. Therefore, I am mostly done with my job and I will be free to be lazy all over again for at least a few centuries or so I hope.

Currently, I am sitting behind my laptop while browsing on multiple websites to find the best spot to have a "date". Normal stuff like going to the cinema, to the restaurants or take a sunset stroll, etc. Just in case, I also search place to not go. I quickly note down the places like to attend a wedding, go to the museum, clubbing, extreme sports and anywhere sex-related. Well, this seems easy enough.

I think I will stick with the easy route. Daniel loves meat so I nice and fancy steak house should do the trick. As long as there is plenty of meat, he should be happy. As my mother once said, the way to a man's heart starts with his stomach.

I pause as I stare at my computer in silence. "This is hopeless. Why do I even care?" I shake my head as I rub my temple before looking back at the screen to search what to do after the meal.

Daniel is my werewolf mate but I don't much about him except that he is crazy for red meat. I suppose we hadn't been communicating much. He is not very talkative to start with but I suppose I should make an effort too. Besides meat, what would he like? I don't think he would like a place with a lot of humans. Werewolves like to stay away from strangers while only trusting their fellow pack mates. Maybe he will like the park or should I say a small mountain? Anyway, there is a protected forest there and almost no one goes there in the evening. Yeah, it sounds like a good idea.