Chapter 16

Matthias POV

"Now, why are you here?" I ask with my arms crossed while staring at Micah.

I already have an idea why, but I thought it would stay a secret between the three of us. That includes Demetrius, Nikolas and me. I didn't think that Nikolas, my little annoying brother, will go spreading the news around.

"Of course, you know why! I couldn't believe the news, so I came here to see for my own eyes. It is still hard to believe that the two arch-nemesis that couldn't even stand being in the presence of each other being mates!" Micah, my brother's mate, rambles excitedly.

I carefully eye Daniel to make sure to not be seen but when I notice that it doesn't seem to particularly bother him, I let out a loud sigh. "Did you tell anyone about us, especially my parents?"

Micah pouts while frowning with annoyance. "I can't believe this is how low you think of me," he grumbles. "You don't need to worry. No one else knows. Also, it is not like I want your mother's wrath on my back. I have angered her enough for the next few centuries."

I nod as I feel extreme relief when I hear his answer. She doesn't know yet. That is the most important. I am certain that she will never accept our relationship especially if Daniel is a werewolf. She has a deep hatred for them. Although she has on no occasion explained the reason and my dad will also never say a thing as long she is not willing.

"I have to be certain about it. Don't take it the wrong way. Still, I can't believe Nikolas told you about it so fast."

"But he didn't tell me," the young vampire tilts his head to the side innocently.

"Then, how did you know?" I ask in surprise at his answer.

"You have to promise to not tell him first, deal?" he questions as I nod once to answer his inquiry. "I followed him here. It has been a while now, but sometimes he acts suspiciously, so I basically stalked him. One night, he came here in a rush. I was curious so I may have had discovered the truth accidentally?"

"I see," I mutter to myself but then I realize something. "What about Milana? Don't tell me you let her home alone!"

This time, Micah couldn't help himself and punched my shoulder. Before grimacing and shaking his hand while I rub the sore spot that he just hit with a hiss.

"What was that for?" I whine as he glares at me.

"Don't make me sound like a bad parent! Milana was with me all day, and I can take care of her just fine."

"Don't get on your nerve, Princess. It was only a joke."

"It's your Highness the Queen for you," he grumbles not happy with the nickname I have given him before storming out just as quickly as he arrived earlier today.

We all hear the main door slam behind him as the house if quiet once again. Now that the whirlwind is gone, the silence enveloping the atmosphere is quite eerie. Soon after, one of the maids knocks at the door to mention that Micah has safely left before going back to do their chores.

"How are you feeling?" Daniel asks while breaking the silence after a while.

"Quite good to be honest. There's no pain remaining whatsoever."

"That's good," he nods as if in thought. "Then, let's go on a date."

I stare at the werewolf sitting in an armchair in a corner of the room. "Yes?"

"You know what I said. Let's go," he states before sitting up and walk toward the door.

"At least, let me put on something more presentable!" I add while hurrying to catch up to him. He's only a few centimetres taller than me, so how can he walk so fast? It's like he has a motor attached to his feet.