Chapter 85

"Can you believe that out of everyone. Maddy has a plan? A good plan. She knows exactly what she wants and how to get there. How did this happen?"

Me and Miles finally managed to get the same day off. We haven't left the bed at all, making this morning more enjoyable than most.

"Some people are lucky enough to realize what they want to do for the rest of their career. It's not uncommon to not know." He reminds me softly.

"It doesn't feel like it." I sigh. "It's like I'm the only one not knowing what I'm doing."

I rest my chin on his bare chest and stare up at him. He's been stroking my hair for over twenty minutes now. How have I not fallen asleep to this yet? I usually do.

"Just because you don't know exactly what you want in life, at least you're doing something. You have a degree. You have a job. You have an apartment. You're doing pretty damn good to me. If it bothers you that much, why don't you start looking into going back for your masters? That is if you want to continue on with psychology."

I shake my head and groan. "I don't even know anymore." I admit.

"It's okay to not know, but whatever you choose, I'll be by your side along the way."

I fight a smile and drag my hand down his bicep. He glances at my hand for a second, looking back to my eyes. I slowly push myself further up and place my hand on the spot of the mattress next to his head. He kisses me, moving both of his hands back through my hair with me laying on top of him; the only thing separating us being the sheets.

Miles flips us over, moving the comforter out of the way and removing the sheets that were clinging loosely to my body. He stops kissing me and just stares. I giggle and push myself up on my elbows.

"What?" I ask.

He grazes his tongue under his front teeth and lets out a deep breath. "You make me feel like I'm living a dream sometimes." He says.

I scrunch my nose and feel the heat rise in my cheeks. I know I'm turning red. I can't help it when he says cheesy shit like that.

"I know what you mean." I whisper and kiss him again, letting another hour or so of our time be taken up by his hands, his lips, and the overwhelming contentment that comes with being loved by him.

"At some point we'll have to get out of bed and at least eat something." I tell him, barely able to keep my eyes open.

"Food actually sounds amazing right now."

He sits up and climbs off the bed with ease. I'll have to muster the energy somehow but it's going to take another  minute.

Miles grabs his boxers off the floor and steps into them. I sit up to hand him his shirt and he looks at me when he grabs a new one from his dresser.

"What? Do you want me to wear this or something?" I ask.

He shrugs and grins. "Isn't that some basic girl fantasy? To wear your boyfriend's shirt?"

"I don't want your dirty shirt! That's gross."

He laughs and throws a clean t-shirt at my face. I smile, pulling it over my head. It would be more satisfying if it didn't fit me so well. The whole "wearing your boyfriend's t-shirt" thing was supposed to be nice because of how baggy and comforting it is. Me and Miles are more similar in size so it doesn't have the same effect.

"Do you want me to cook something or do you want to go out?" He asks.

"You're offering to cook me something? How could I pass that up?"

He sticks his tongue out and grabs the pillow from the floor to toss at me. I catch it and chuck it back at him. "You're helping! Group activity. Come on!" He urges.

He takes off out of the bedroom door and jogs down to the kitchen. I laugh to myself and put on a pair of shorts I had left here last week. Every time I leave an article of clothing, Miles washes them and puts them in one of his empty drawers. I've started to do it on purpose now.

I walk to the kitchen where Miles is already pulling out whatever he can find from the freezer. He pulls out some chicken breast, vegetables, and a bunch of seasonings from the pantry.

"I'm thinking of a chicken bake or something?" He suggests, pressing the button to preheat the oven.

I take a seat at the bar stool. "Sounds good to me."

He throws all the shit together in a pan and shoves it in the oven with the timer going. He didn't actually make me help at all. He knows he's the better cook.

"The Christmas party is on Saturday. Do you know what you're wearing?" I ask.

He pulls a couple of sodas out of the fridge and hands me one.

"Not exactly. I was just going to wear a button up or something. Didn't you get some weird couple sweaters for you and Maddy?"

I smirk and walk over to my purse that's sitting on the couch where I left it when I came in last night. I open it up and pull out a rolled up sweater. His eyes widen when I look at him.

"What is that?"

I laugh and unfold it to show him. It's the same exact ugly sweater I got for me and Maddy. I didn't want to give him a girly sweater so I picked out one that could definitely pass off as neutral to anyone afraid to cross a gender norm.

"I am not wearing that." He states.

"Oh, come on! Why not?"

"We're going to look like a fuckin' throuple. Also I am the least flattering person in a sweater."

"Please?" I beg. "It would be super cute. You can wear a t-shirt under it in case you get too hot. It's supposed to be an ugly sweater party. I wanted to match!"

"Then match with your girlfriend. Leave me out of all that."

I pout and lower the sweater.

"Oh hell no. You are not going to give me that look. I don't fall for that."

"But I bought it just for you..." I say sadly, lowering my head at the ground. "and it's our first Christmas together."

He crosses his arms, obviously not falling into my trap.

"It would mean a lot to me and next year I can wear whatever you want me to!" I try to persuade him.

He bites his lip and leans against the counter, scanning his eyes up and down my body. I hate where this is going.

"Anything I want?" He asks.

"It has to be appropriate if we're going out in public."

He smirks and walks over to me, snatching the sweater from my hands.

"Fine."

I smile widely and wrap my arms around his neck. "Yay! Thank you!" I yell excitedly. "It'll be fun. I promise."

Revised;