Chapter 92

In the room hooked securely on the spot of the wall beside my bed is a bulletin board. It's covered in various pictures of me, my friends, and a few of Miles that we've taken since we started dating.

"I've got this little printer at my house that prints out pictures Polaroid style. I left you plenty of room to add your own with your camera." He explains.

He put so much thought into this making my gift look juvenile. I hug him with all of my strength and thank him. I've always been shit at giving gifts so hopefully I can make up the slack on my part in other ways.

"I love you so much." I whisper.

"Merry Christmas." He says, then places a kiss on my forehead.

Today couldn't have gone by more perfectly. For once in my life, although I'm still struggling with my own little personal demons, I can say that I'm probably the happiest I've ever been or at least have been in a long time. I'll always feel undeserving and will still work my damndest to not take for granted the things I do have. I'm constantly reminded every single day that life can be taken from me abruptly and I want others to be able to say that I was able to live my life to the fullest if that day comes anytime soon.

Maddy heads out to see her mom, leaving me and Miles alone to watch Christmas movies by ourselves. I make us cups of hot chocolate while Miles finishes up the batch of cookies he made.

"This has seriously been the most amazing and comforting Christmas I've ever had."

Miles flashes a smile at me as he takes a sip of his hot chocolate and gets a huge glob of cool whip on his nose. I start to laugh and he looks at me again to figure out why. I lean over and lick the tip of his nose to get the whipped cream off.

He giggles when he realizes what happened. "Thank you." He says.

"Anytime." I smirk.

He reaches for the plate of cookies on the coffee table and hands me one.

"Would a cookie taste good dipped in hot chocolate?" I ask, not really sure why I even thought of this monstrosity.

"Wouldn't it taste the same? It's just chocolate on chocolate so it would just be making the cookie soggy."

"You're right. Maybe I just want whipped cream on my cookie."

He laughs and shakes his head. "Then put some on it."

"I will!" I get up and head to the kitchen to grab the can from the fridge.

"Bring it in here! I want some!" Miles yells from the other room.

I roll my eyes and smile before heading back to the couch. I hop back on the cushion and grab us both another cookie. "Here, can you put it on?" I ask him.

He takes the can from my hands and shakes it up a little. I hold both of the cookies out in front of him. He flips the can upside down and carefully pushes on the tip to force the cool whip out. He does it for both and then sets the canister on the table.

"I know this is hella cheesy but let's do that stupid couple thing where we feed each other." He says.

"Oh God, okay. Don't make a mess though!"

He grins and holds the cookie up to my mouth. For some reason I think I know where this is going.

"On three. One...two..."

He doesn't even finish counting before he slams the cookie into my mouth. Half the whipped cream didn't even make it and now my face is covered in it. He starts laughing maniacally so I take the glob of whipped cream off of his cookie and push it into his face.

"Fuck! I deserved that."

We both laugh and stare at the wreckage we've caused with the delicious dessert topping. We find ourselves only staring at each other now and the tension has increased drastically. Dammit.

Miles pulls me in and our lips attach in an instant. Neither of us bother to pause whatever movie we were watching while we continue with what we've been wanting to do since Maddy left. I didn't want to make tonight just about this so adding Christmas movies, cookies, and hot cocoa to that list makes it a job well done to where we can carry on satisfactorily.

He inches his fingers up my t-shirt. The way he touches me this delicately gives me chills every single time.

His lips move to my neck and over to my jawline. I try my best to keep my heavy breathing at bay when his hand moves further up my shirt.

"We should...probably move." I whisper.

He pulls away from my collarbone and glances around the living room only vacant by us. "No one is here." He reminds me.

"True, but I feel weird about doing this on the couch my father bought for me and my best friend's apartment."

He chuckles and stands up, holding both hands out to me to pull me up. "Carry me?" I ask.

"Oh my God, it's like three feet away!"

"It's romantic and it's Christmas! Please?"

I knew he wouldn't fight me for long. He scoops me up into his arms and carries me down the hall to my bedroom, kicking the door shut behind us. Miles gently lays me down on the bed and my eyes go straight to the bulletin board. He notices that I'm staring so he looks over too.

"Where did you get some of these pictures?" I ask.

"Maddy helped me out. I think she stole a few from Instagram. I promise I didn't go and stalk you on social media."

I wouldn't have minded if he did. That's pretty much the entire point of it. You post things you want people to see.

"Do you even have social media?"

He presses his lips together and shakes his head. "No, I deleted mine a few years ago. I had no use for it."

"That's fair. It's wildly addicting and all it does is make people more insecure about themselves."

He smiles at me again and lays down on the spot next to me. "You have that effect on me." He admits.

"The addicting part or the insecurity part?"

He presses his elbow into the mattress and holds his head up with his arm. "Both but in a really good way."

"Ugh, okay. Stop being lame and kiss me."

I lean forward as he starts to laugh again to cut him off and gear his focus back to what we were previously doing. This Christmas is by far one of my favorites. It might actually be my favorite.

Revised;