Chapter 61

"I'm sorry I forgot to call. I haven't seen my dad in awhile and we got a little carried away talking so I forgot to get back to you. I didn't mean to make you worry. Hopefully you'll let me make it up to you with lunch or something?" Miles says to me through the phone.

He sounds genuinely sorry. Maddy was right. I don't need to be paranoid yet. It doesn't do any good for anyone.

"It's fine, honestly. I know that wasn't your intention."

Maddy left for work, leaving me all by my lonesome, so I was trying to catch up on Grey's Anatomy since I missed a few episodes when I got busy these last couple of weeks. I feel better now that Miles finally called me though I would much rather actually see him.

"My dad is working if you want to come over. You're off today, right?"

"Yeah! I would love to. Is that okay with you? I don't want to intrude or anything." I responded.

"I really wanted to see you and you're not intruding at all. He won't be back until later."

I smile and get my lazy ass off the couch. I needed a reason to get up. "I'll get dressed and head right over then. See you in twenty minutes."

I hang up the phone and run down the hall to my room. I wanted to take a shower but I ended up taking one at midnight last night so I'll just wait until later.

I grab a pair of my black athletic pants from my drawer and change into them. It would be weird to get dressed up just to go over to his house, but I still want to look somewhat presentable if I meet his dad, so I put on a white tank top with my jean jacket over it. I finish off the casual look with my black Vans high tops.

Within fifteen minutes, I'm pulling up in Miles' driveway. I check my reflection in the overhead mirror and get out of the car. He opens the door before I get the chance to knock. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck, leaning forward to kiss him. He happily returns the same eagerness I have just to be holding each other again.

"Hey." He whispers against my lips and gently rubs his nose onto mine.

"I hate that we're in the part of the relationship where I literally don't want to be away from you at all. It's annoying."

He laughs and drags me into the door. "I missed you too." He says and closes it behind us.

It's more than just missing, though. It's a complete lack of sense and loss of drive to do anything because it doesn't even feel like we're living or should be living unless we're together. There's no exact definition of love. This is what I feel and I can only assume that love has the same strength this feeling does. I just want this to last so badly.

"I didn't really know what to make for lunch so I just ordered a pizza."

I giggle and pat his chest playfully. "Sounds good to me."

He walks to the kitchen and opens up the fridge. He pulls out two bottles of Mikes and hands me one.

"Day drinking already? You're bad." I tease him.

He laughs and snaps the cap off with ease. "I wouldn't necessarily call this day drinking. This shit is 5% alcohol."

"Fair."

I take the cap off mine, tap my bottle against his, and take a swig. I've never actually had an original Mike's Hard Lemonade. It tastes better than I thought it would. I still prefer the strawberry one though.

The pizza arrives in less than ten minutes and me and Miles take no time to get on the couch and eat the entire box. He was as impressed with myself as I was for eating as many slices as I did..