chapter eleven

Max walked in the pitch black, the barely functioning street lights being her only source of light. She had stopped crying a while ago and now she just wanted to go anywhere but home. She kept avoiding her phone messages and calls, already knowing what to expect. Eventually, the constant vibrating pissed her off and she stopped to check her phone.

*2 missed calls from Scott*

Scott: hey. I know you're upset right now and probably not in the mood to talk but can you please read or open this message, so I know you're okay?

Scott: If you don't within the next hour, I'll have no choice but to track you down and I know you don't want that so please don't make me.

-

*37 missed calls from Liam*

Liam: Max

Liam: Max

Liam: Max

Liam: Max

Liam: Reply or I'll keep spamming.

Liam: please?

Liam: I miss you :(

-

Malia: Screw Stiles. It's not your fault he's stupid.

Malia: I know you hate them all right now but we both know you don't hate me so could you at least talk to me? We could meet up in private, no one else has to know.

Malia: You can live in my old cave in you want. We could live there together. We'll bring Kira, and Liam if you want. Then we can make our own pack. Without Scott and Stiles.

Malia: I will track you down without hesitation.

-

Kira: hey. I heard what happened.

Kira: for what it's worth, I really admire you and I don't care if you can be reckless at times.

Kira: Wait- was that offensive?

Kira: I'm so so so sorry I didn't mean that in a rude way. I like that you make impulsive decisions!

Kira: you know what I'll just stop talking now. Please stay safe and let me know if you need anything :)

-

*1 missed call from Stiles*

Stiles: hey. I know you probably hate me now and never want to see me again and I respect that but could you please come back? I'll give you space and you never have to talk to me again, I just don't want you getting hurt. Please?

-

Max felt tears forming in her eyes again and she grew frustrated how easily she cried. Then again, she had bottled her feelings for so long that she was bond to break down. She felt various emotions all at once, completely overwhelming her. She didn't want to face her friends again, which meant she would have to push them away for as long as possible.

She let out a scream she had been holding in for a while and furiously threw her phone against the road, watching it shatter to pieces as it hit the cement. She didn't look back as she continued her walk to absolutely nowhere.

After a while, she noticed a car slow down behind her, practically stalking her.

'Please don't be creep' she hoped.

It sped up and placed itself between Max, matching her pace. She didn't want to look over, Maybe it was fear or maybe she just didn't give two shits.