𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙥𝙩.𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

A/N: okay I highly recommend listening to 'The Fall' by Half•Alive for this chapter :) this song was actually my inspo for this story so it might help y'all connect a few pieces together. ENJOY!

_

Max rested her cheek against the palm of her hand as her head stuck out of the window of Roscoe. The warm summer air blew into her face, pushing her hair out of her face. It was more of a struggle now that she had let her hair grow out over the summer.

Summer neared the end and she tried her hardest to enjoy these last few moments of freedom. Soon enough, she'd have to worry about careers, grades, colleges, etc. She wasn't even sure if she'd be able to go to college, seeing as Maggie barely kept up with the house rent. Everything in her life was some sort of a disaster and right now, her only coping method was to pretend they didn't exist.

Maggie hasn't spoken more than one sentence to her since she found out about the supernatural. She hasn't spoken to Derek and Braeden in a while and wasn't sure how they were doing or if they had forgotten about her. Isaac had left for Paris a few days ago, leaving the pack feeling lonely. She still hadn't told anyone about what really happened with her "mother" and what she was.

On top of that, she had no idea as to where her relationship stood with Stiles. She had to admit that she liked having his company but she knew she shouldn't give in for his sake. Max knew she wouldn't be a good girlfriend, she had never been one before. She also knew she couldn't possibly compare to Malia or Lydia who were beyond perfect.

Max glanced over at him to find him lip syncing to 'California girls' by Katy Perry, at least that made her laugh. Stiles looked over at her as well, hearing her genuinely laugh was something that felt rare for some reason but he enjoyed it. He especially loved being the reason for it.

"C'mon, sing with me!" He shouted over the loud wind as he turned the music up and began singing, very much off key.

"Please shut up,"

"Not until you sing,"

Max sunk in her seat as they came across a red light. Everyone nearby turned to face the jeep but Stiles didn't seem to care as he continued to sing louder.

"Will you stop that?" Max snapped as she tugged on his flannel roughly, "I'm not going to sing so quit it."

"Fine," Stiles laughed as he turned down the music to an appropriate level and ran his fingers through his messy hair.

"thank you," Max muttered under her breath and she sat up in her seat.

"C'mon don't be like that. I'm just trying to have fun on our date,"

Max groaned as she threw her head back against the seat, "It's not a date Stiles,"

"Okay, then what is it?"

"It's...two platonic friends...hanging out," Max spoke out, thoughtfully.

"Well you can have romantic feelings for each other and still be platonic," Stiles smirked, matter-of-factly.

"I do not have feelings for you,"

"Yes. You do,"

"God, you're so infuriating Stiles"

"And you're so ignorant to your own feelings," Stiles gibed as he finished parking the jeep and hopped out.

"Am not,"

"Are too,"

"You act like such a child sometimes,"

"Yeah, but you love it" He jeered as he grabbed his old skateboard from the back. The two headed down the trail towards the beach. The sun was practically down, leaving less and less people around.