Chapter 68

“I can see 
a million forevers 
within us”

●●●

ONE MONTH LATER

“It’s still weird seeing you with a belly” I heard Jon as he had just gotten home from the airport. 

I wasn’t sure how long he had been standing in the doorway since I had been admiring Winston and the way he was resting his head on my belly. He was my first little one so, the fact that he seemed to already be attached to the bundle growing inside of me warmed my heart. I also couldn’t believe most of the time that the belly belonged to me.

“I don’t think it’s that weird. Your wife is my twin so I’m sure we look the same” I smiled as I extended my arms so he could lift me up, which he did. He was still my biggest annoyance but the bump had allowed me to get my way with my brother-in-law that would have been complaining otherwise.

“Yeah but your hair is longer so…” He shrugged while I made my way to the boxes so I didn’t need to get a lecture from Brie about not doing anything.

“Even though I am here to help you guys get settled in I can’t believe you are actually here. I would think this place would be too boring for you” I spoke as they had officially decided to move out to Pensacola after the wedding. 

He moved towards the fridge and grabbed a beer before opening a random box to check what was in it. “I don’t think I ever saw myself moving here but then I grew up and realized how much sense it made. You and Brie get to be closer, I mean I think its abit weird that you and Joe decided to move in next door but…”

I glanced at him, “That wasn’t intentional. We were looking for a place that we could build together and when I came with Brie to check out this house I saw the sign next door.”

“I think we could have just all moved in together with all the space in these places” He shook his head and allowed his eyes to wander over the house.

“I would go crazy. I mean yeah we will probably be over quite a lot but we still need our own space.” He did have a point but while I loved the idea of being so close to my sister especially with the guys hardly being home. I also needed my privacy for when Joe was home so we could have our own special time. 

“I guess… the last thing we need is my daughter being scarred by your screaming” He scoffed which broke me from my thoughts of Joe and I having finally purchased a house together.

“What… Oh wow, you are…”

“All I did was get Birdie to sleep and you two are already driving each other crazy” I heard Brie as she came down the hallway and smiled as she saw Jon before kissing him while he pulled her into his arms.

“I miss my husband” I pouted seeing the interaction between the two.

“I thought you two were flying in together?” Brie frowned, as she realized Joe wasn’t there.

“We did but he wanted to go visit Jojo abit before he picks this one up for their appointment” 

“Are you finally going to find out what you are having?” Brie focused on me.

I nodded slowly as I had gone to most of the appointments in the past couple months by myself due to Joe’s schedule so I made sure all the details I got from the doctor was that the baby was healthy, nothing else. I didn’t want to hear anything new when Joe wasn’t with because I wanted to share the moment with him.