Chapter 30

"I'd still need her, want her and
it would be the same way any other
man would want his woman.
Smart, strong and intelligent.
Never weak and too beautiful to ignore."
●RM. DRAKE●

■■■

NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS 2015

"I'm pretty sure you know why I have called you in Nicole..." Vince sighed as he took a seat behind his desk having reached his office as soon as I had.

"Not actually, I mean I knew you'd be proud of my reign but a personal show of gratitude" I began and he chuckled before leaning back.

"Oh yes I am very proud. You're improving in ring and on mic each day, Team Bella is top in our merchandise sales which is what we want for our women's division, to be alongside men. But the thing is, we don't want the hunger for success to come at a price, more importantly your hunger and at a price of your career."

"Vince..." He cut me off before I could apologize as my fears became a reality.

The whispers around the locker room always ended up screwing someone's life up and my discomfort couldn't be hidden from my opponents who I had to let know not to target certain parts...

"I won't comment on the fact that you have failed to let the doctors know of your discomfort. Because perhaps it might not be serious but then if it weren't serious maybe you would have let us know."

"I..." He held up his hand and gone was the gratitude, I knew Vince would be mad. I mean he was lenient to a certain extent and being one of the few female veterans within the company around he had grown fond of my sister and I which led to him caring enough to be upset, really upset and handling it personally.

"I would like you to see Chris Amann as well as the other doctors after your match tonight so we can figure out what is going on. I know you have just made history but you going out there and pushing through pain may prove strength but it may cost you or one of the other divas back here. And that is something we cannot risk.."

I nodded slowly as he went over a few more things while all I wanted to do was crawl into a hole because once those tests were done I was sure my title would be taken away.

I knew my body, I had been injured before and I knew it was breaking down I just wasn't ready to give it all up. The last time I was out, I had John....

 The last time I was out, I had John