Chapter 43

"I love you, really.

You know I love you.
I've never loved any one else
the way I love you."
◁Ernest Hemingway, from The Snows of Kilimanjaro▷

●●●

"Are you sure? Cause I'm not sure how you know its organic

"Are you sure? Cause I'm not sure how you know its organic." He nagged into my ear.

"Honestly Jon, this would have worked better if you had facetimed me, you know?" I groaned as he had been more talking to himself and believed I could see every product he picked up.

"I don't like that, it freaks me out. I mean how on earth can your face magically appear on my screen while you're thousands of miles away. That ain't technology, that's some Alien shit. Okay well I shouldn't say shit because that would mean that I wouldn't appreciate their contribution to man and..."

"Aliens aren't real, Jon" I sighed with a small smile as Joe silently chuckled having heard it despite replying to emails missed on the flight while he had slept beside me.

"What about ET?" And gone was the search for what Brie craved.

"ET was an actor or some computer thing, I don't know." I mumbled despite the real effect of the creature.

"An actor which has disappeared because he returned to his home planet. I just defeated your logic, Nikki Nik." He chuckled seemingly proud with himself.

"Oh my word, you know vacation means me getting a break from people. Why didn't you call Joe?" I groaned as while I had become used to everything the lunatic had to offer with him being constantly by my side, my brain was shut off from the outside world and I couldn't deal with his random switches.

"I did, his phone was off. And I ain't people, I am family. I'm your brother-in-law x2!"

"X2?" I frowned.

"And you have an higher IQ than Brie" he scoffed allowing me to recall how he had made a point to call the people after we had obtained our results not believing me at all, "I marry Brie, I'm your brother-in-law. You marry big guy, I'm your brother in law. 1 brother-in-law + 1 brother-in-law equals.."

"Whatever, are you finding what Brie wants cause I'm sure we've been talking for over thirty minutes since I got off the flight and she's waiting to feed her cravings at home."

"Yeah some woman helped me, a couple minutes ago while hearing our conversation. But I didn't want to disappoint you by cutting our call short, sis"

I giggled even when he annoyed me, or anyone I suppose, Jon had a way to just make you laugh, "How considerate of you, do one sane thing in your life and give my sister a hug from me."