Chapter 66

I wish I could say
"Thank you for all the mistakes"
"Thank you for all of the pain"
I guess somebody else's loss is another's gain
I'm saying thank you to the one who let her get away
Away

Thank you to the one who caused her heart to break
I'm thanking you for giving me a soul to save
Thank you to the one who let her get away
Lewis Capaldi - One

●●●

Wrestlemania

“Go Superman!” I screamed even though he couldn’t hear me as I watched Joe rehearse his entrance from further up in the stands. It was freaking Wrestlemania and while it was bittersweet that I wouldn’t be apart of it I was happy to be spending this one supporting the man that I loved.

“Hey. Can we talk?” I heard John’s voice and saw him hovering over me soon enough. I hadn’t responded to his text mostly because since I had told Joe about it, everything had been chaotic with the baby arriving and travelling. 

Once Wrestlemania week started you never knew where you ended, and wrestling began, and you didn’t have to be competing to feel that since I had several appearances. WWE had also welcomed the BirdieBee line into their stores and while I would have liked to have Brie by my side for the launch, she was at home nursing her newborn. I couldn’t wait to get back to Vegas for that very reason, I hadn’t been there for much of her pregnancy but I wanted to help her with the journey of motherhood while she was still deciding where she would permanently reside.

“Sure” I nodded and briefly glanced over to the ramp where Joe was making his way down and saw him stop to talk to Hunter. He clearly hadn’t noticed my visitor and I guess it was better that way, I wanted him to be focused.

“I was hoping to speak to you away from all of this cause I know how people can make assumptions” I heard his voice but shook my head as I didn’t want to be seen sneaking off to some corner with my ex, that would definitely lead to unnecessary assumptions. I had been a member of the roster long enough to know what seemed suspicious and what didn’t. 

“If it wasn’t here it would have probably been at some restaurant where the paparazzi would have gotten us, so not much difference. I’m sorry I didn’t respond to your text, with everything that happened with Brie my mind has been all over the place” I shrugged as he took a seat beside me after having accepted I wasn’t going anywhere.

“I understand. I’m happy for her and Jon, you got the marriage and she had the baby” He chuckled slightly while I simply nodded before actually looking at him.

“What did you want to talk about? I honestly feel like enough was said in your feud with my husband” 

“Your husband…” He sighed, “You know me, and you know this business, we say things to rile each other up cause that’s what the crowd wants and that’s what gets people paying attention. If I hadn’t brought you up, or whatever they assumed it would have been odd, don’t you think? Especially after he went and made that announcement at the live event when we were about to start our own storyline”

“I do know that, but don’t you think I’m tired of having to deal with this? Years after we ended, and I still have to try my hardest to not be associated with you. I never wanted my comeback to end off with me in the middle of you two, yes its great for ratings. But do you actually remember that I was in love with you once and you tore that all up because of your insecurities due to my friendship. It’s like I’m being forced to relive it every time I come to work to a point where my favourite place has become draining” I stared into my lap as I felt the familiar hurt fill me cause even though things didn’t end on the best of terms. I had loved him so much and it took me a long time for me to get over it, the fact that our relationship had been so public made it even more difficult.