Chapter 17

"Life is too short to play games.
If you love somebody
and you wanna be with them
then go get them.
Deal with the mess later.
We don't know what tomorrow will bring."

●●●

"Bye sweetie

"Bye sweetie. I'll see you soon okay?" I squeezed her tightly in my arms as I felt hers wrap around my neck.

"Can I stay with you while you're at home, Daddy?" She mumbled into my neck and I knew that question would be coming after spending two weeks straight with me.

We had a routine, with me seeing her at least once a week or every two weeks and my mistake led to the routine being messed up.

I glanced up at Galina and she gave a small smile, I knew she didn't like it when Jojo had to leave either one of us. She knew we weren't together and she loved having two houses, she loved Alex and Nicole. But she would have liked a bigger house with all of us squeezed in it better and that wasn't possible. And that's where the guilt set in of us seeking something different in our life causing our daughter to have be swayed back and forth.

Being on the road made it so much easier but all this time here was bad for when I had to leave, so even if she could stay I wouldn't want it because it would only make it harder.

"Well mommy was planning to take you away for the Summer, sweetie.." I whispered.

I had made a mistake I couldn't ruin Galina's annual plans even though I wished I could have her with me. Then I would know maybe the suspension happened for a reason...

"Mommy, can I stay with Daddy?"

She sighed, "I'll see Jojo. Come on, we're going to be late"

"I love you, Daddy" she kissed my forehead before I set her down. I gave a wave to Galina's husband as he helped Jojo into the car before focusing on my first love standing in front of me.

😍😍😍😍