Chapter 61

"Her life wasn't a fairytale.
But it was real.
It had no boundaries, no limits
and it was battle tested."
◁J Raymond▷

●●●

NIKKI

"Wake up! Wake up!" I heard the voice of Jojo and smiled to myself before reaching out and grabbing her which caused her to be frightened before she burst into laughter as I tickled her.

You would think since this was our routine whenever she stayed with us, she wouldn’t be caught off guard but I suppose its what made it more fun. "Coco, stoooop"

"But I love your laugh so much" I whined but stopped anyway and sat up, wondering what time it was. "Where's your dad?"

"It's a surprise" she whispered as she leaned in closely and placed a finger to her lips, so I nodded slowly while doing the same.

"Okay I will be down in a minute" I smiled which seemed to gain her approval as I watched her exit the room. I couldn't exactly reveal that all I was wearing was one of her dad's t-shirts after all. 

I was happy that Joe and I had spoken about things before we flew home since Jojo was picked up as soon as we left the airport. Its how most of our off days were spent and I didn’t mind at all, I knew if she weren’t staying with us we wouldn’t be that productive with anything other than making sure our bed was put to good use. 

I made my way down the staircase after having showered and dressed into something more comfortable, courtesy of the business Brie and I were working on. The view of Joe and Jojo stood at the kitchen island together was adorable and if I hadn’t left my phone upstairs I would have snapped it and sent it to my sister. 

"Surprise!" She exclaimed, once she caught me in the doorway which caused Joe to look at me. 

"It's not the best but I tried" he shrugged with a small smile, and I frowned but soon realized what they had gotten up to while I slept soundly for what felt like ages. Yes, my schedule wasn't as crazy but not sleeping next to your husband wasn't the most comfortable. I loved being wrapped up in his strong arms which is why I always tended to sleep in…

"You made donuts!" I wrapped my arms around him and placed a kiss into his neck as I watched Jojo put her decorating skills to work.

"Jojo loves it and I feel like that means we should too" He spoke into my hair before kissing into it and letting me go so that he could finish the rest.

"It's really good, Daddy! Especially with sprinkles" she nodded along while decorating the rest. 

"I'm sure it is" I kissed her cheek before setting some on a plate for us but felt Joe's hand tug on mine. He pulled me against his chest so that we were a few feet away from her and I raised my eyebrow.

"I love waking up beside you, I didn't wanna leave but you know she's up bright and early" He playfully rolled his eyes.

"I know. I love it too, but I love walking in and seeing you two play Baker more " I kissed him briefly before moving over to Jojo while he fed Winston.

■■■

"I want two." Jojo confirmed and my eyes widened as we sat poolside.

"Two sisters? But what if I get two boys" I played along while Joe swam in the pool.

"That's okay but two sisters will be nice. I can dress them up" She said thoughtfully after I had entertained her discussion about me giving her some more siblings considering she already had a brother because of Galina’s husband.