Chapter 64

"My love for you is new everyday"
Komal Kapoor

●●●

NIKKI

I took in the baby room as I stood in the doorway and watched my sister as she set a few plush dolls down in the crib. She was so close to popping it was crazy, the fact that we were twins made it even crazier. Even though Brie and I had our differences, looking at her made me realize how I would look as a pregnant woman. She already had the mom look, with her soccer mom hair and well, her wardrobe. Gone was the old Brie and hello motherhood which made me happy, even though things were changing it was all good. 

"It's finally complete and I'm so happy" She smiled as we moved into the hallway after she caught me watching her. 

"And I'm so happy I'm so close to meeting my little niece" I groaned and hugged her belly which caused Joe to chuckle while he was laid out on the couch. 

We were in Vegas for the day before flying out tomorrow to spend some time with Jojo the weekend. Jon was currently in California for an appearance but would be back in a few hours. He didn't like being away from Brie unless it was needed so my mind wouldn’t have peace for long. 

“Have you told him?” I heard Brie and narrowed my eyes at her which caused confusion to fill my husband’s face.

“Uhm so John texted me this morning, asking if I would have some time to meet with him this week” I shrugged, and his face changed slightly while he seemed to be waiting for me to continue, “I haven’t responded, and I had no intention of responding until I spoke to you”

“I would never tell you what to do, babe. I would like to believe that after I spoke to him there is no ulterior motives on his end” I frowned as I wasn’t sure what he was talking about.

“Are you sure? Cause we saw the way that contract signing ended” I glanced over at Brie, who nodded as we had been on the edge of our seats while watching.

“We spoke backstage afterwards, not much to mention cause there are things we will never agree on. But it didn’t end in a brawl either so maybe he got where I was coming from, I mean if you are comfortable meeting up with him I say go for it. I know there are probably some things you need closure on, babe” 

I smiled slightly and leaned down to kiss his beautiful face, “I will think about it”

"All up to you, wifey. I know it's a couple more weeks to go but have you packed the bag and things like that already?" He questioned Brie as I sat down and pulled his head into my lap while she took a seat in the single chair. I searched his face as he focused on Brie and didn’t see any lingering emotions regarding John. I had a handful of conversations with John since I had been with Joe and they had just resulted in anger, so I hoped that if we spoke again there truly would be closure in it.

"Yes. I mean all I have is time on my hands over here, so we are very prepared" She nodded and slowly rubbed her hand over her belly. 

"I feel like you just need to leave the bag in the car cause knowing Jon he will just be focused on you and probably going insane when that time comes" Joe chuckled and I nodded in agreement and felt sorry for him ahead of time because I knew how anxious he would most likely be.

"You have a point but I'm sure we won't forget it, that's if he is even here for it. Mom's flying in tomorrow cause you guys are leaving." She pouted and I hoped that wouldn’t be the case, yes Jon probably wouldn’t be the best person to be around while in labour but it was his baby too and it would be so special for both of them to share together.