Chapter 35

"Stick your hands inside,
pull out the core of the pain
that is holding you in your past,
the memories and make peace with them. "

◈◈◈

"That's it for today, ladies!"

I watched as the women slowly dispersed before taking a seat followed by my mom as well.

I sighed taking a sip of my water before lying back after a draining barre session, "so are you planning on heading to the arena later?"

"I want to but not quite sure its a good idea..." I mumbled as I had flown in to spend the weekend with her, but of course as luck would have it, Clash of Champions was today in Phoenix. I hadn't seen Joe due to them only flying in this morning but I was proud to say we had kept in contact over the last week.

I had gone to the Troops believing I could just be calm and pretend like I hadn't been affected by him going off the grid with me but once I saw him it was hard to do that. All I saw when I saw him was the love of my life and it made me go into panic mode due to him distancing himself. Especially when he knew all my concerns, it didn't make sense why he would do it but of course while I was wrapped up in my own emotions Joe's mind was all over. His heart always ruled with the care mixed with the love he had for everyone. And while it always frustrated me because he unintentionally ruined things when I knew perhaps he had a point. He always found a way to just make my anger disappear and once I was in his arms I knew that was it.

So now, I Nicole Garcia-Colace was officially the girlfriend of Roman Reigns. Or Joseph Leati Anoa'i, well Leati 'Joseph' Anoa'i...

I always tended to mess it up and he would playfully narrow his contacted grey eyes at me in annoyance and nudge his nose over mine, and to think that was before us...

"Why not?" I heard my mom as I slowly stood to my feet, deciding it was best we headed to the showers before I passed out on the floor.

"I'm a bit hesitant because well, its different now, I'm Joe's girlfriend." I couldn't contain my smile at the last bit which led to my mom giving me a knowing smile as well.