Chapter 31

"I can't see another day without you
and I need you in my life
just as much as you
need me in yours.
That's all."
R.M Drake

◈◈◈

I knocked on the door I had no intention of showing up at but somehow felt an obligation to after taking about a month to think things over.

"Joe?" He frowned and I raised two beers with a weak smile as he moved back allowing me in.

"I would say I thought you'd be someone else but I have been isolated yet again" He chuckled as the full roster was up today with it being the hottest event of the Summer. Even my Jojo was running around the city with Jey and Trinity while I opted to do what I had promised Nicole I would do weeks before, give Colby a chance.

"I know. When you use a key member of the group that kind of happens, Jon is literally attached to Brie and she isn't too happy with you." I sighed referring to Nicole, the fact that their relationship was a sham served to anger the two people who had been urging me to make a move and how I had lost my chance with her being with Colby.

He sighed as we sat back on the couch and opened the beers, I was sure a six pack would have worked better but considering we had a PPV in a few hours and signings before then. One was definitely the first and the last despite knowing both of us would have preferred being slightly less sober.

"Yeah no one is... I don't know why I did it. I knew it was wrong, she loved you, you loved her but I just... Everything had just been building up over the years and I'd just see how you two stuck by eachother no matter what. I didn't get it until I lost Renee, I realized I had that but because of one fuck up I lost it. Yet you two seemed unbreakable and you weren't even fucking dating. I don't know, my life has been a mess ever since I tore it all up, I'm more mad at myself for doing all of this. I feel lost without Renee, and that's why I did it too so you could see how it felt not having the woman you loved. But I fucked up and it wasn't your fault..."

"I shouldn't have told her.." I admitted.

"No, she deserved to know I slept with a random woman because I hadn't seen her in a month. I brought her in, made her the little sister to you and I fucked up and you saw her being suspicious. You did what I didn't have the guts to do..."

"You didn't want to hurt her Colby. We all make mistakes, the road is tough and we throw back beers and lines become blurred. Love makes us do stupid things and that love making us lonely leads to us doing stupid things as well"

"Hey I don't want you going easy on me now" He knocked my shoulder and I shook my head.

"I ain't. Its just you're right, my lines are blurred when it comes to Nicole and unfortunately that will never change." I stated because after nearly a decade I had come to realize how there wasn't anything I wouldn't do for Nicole. I mean I wouldn't have been showing up outside his hotel room if it weren't for her.