Chapter 44

"I loved her most,
for all the things she hated about herself,
for everything she hated,
made her different,
and it was the different that I loved."
Atticus

●●●

"She looks so cool!" Jojo squealed and I smiled as Nicole waved before I turned the phone back on me

"Next time we'll bring you along or will you be too scared now?" I mused as I stared at her while she seemed to be thinking. I hadn't seen her in a couple weeks and had faced a sort of battle. I had wanted her to tag along but considering it was Thanksgiving weekend figured it best she did her usual of visiting Galina's family. Christmas time was reserved for mine, well this year it would be and I was excited for that as well.

While Nicole and I weren't strangers to spending together whether we were on the road or her hanging out with my family it would be the first time spent together where we were us

While Nicole and I weren't strangers to spending together whether we were on the road or her hanging out with my family it would be the first time spent together where we were us. And the first time she would see my family and be introduced as more, they of course knew about us. My mom would have not been impressed with me if she didn't I guess it's why I had avoided suggesting we visit my folks. My mom knew how I felt about Nicole in my time after the engagement ended whether I admitted it to her or not. My family loved Nicole so I didn't see any problem, I simply hated a spotlight being put on it which is why I hadn't even commented on our relationship in an interview as of yet.

"If Coco is with me I won't be" She giggled while I heard Galina in the background. "But daddy is scared to so he won't protect me"

I rolled my eyes before she focused her attention back onto me, "I ain't scared and even if I were I wouldn't hesitate in saving my girl."

"How'd it go?" Galina questioned as she lift Jojo onto her lap causing confusion to fill me until I remembered.

"Not yet."

"But daddy you said..."

"I know what I said. " I chuckled, "Don't worry, angel it will still be happening. Now be good for your mom."