Chapter 54

"My heart will always find
a way to be close to yours"
Gemma Troy

◈◈◈

Royal Rumble 2017

"You know I love feuding with you but I really wish there was a different angle" Nattie sighed as we were seated at the make-up station. I briefly stared at a text from Brie that let me know she had just arrived at the arena with Jon.

The fact that we held her baby shower in the same week as the rumble meant all of us could fly out here together. And by all of us I meant the crazy bunch we called friends that worked with us. I was happy that I would be backstage with my husband and my sister because it just made things feel like old times whenever the reunions were in place at work.

It was kind of weird as the last Royal Rumble I had competed in I had Brie by my side and I had been champion. I was the villainous champion as we went up against Paige and Nattie and here we were, two years later. I had no champion, I was officially no more villain and I was going to be teaming up with Trinity and Becky to go up against three other women which included Nattie as the villain.

Our feud was still continuing and I loved it because I would rather have someone I had known for years trash talking my life than some newbie. I mean it sounded bad but in the end I knew our life would never be fully personal, especially with how things operated these days. Joe was very weary about it all but I tried to reassure him I was okay after each segment.

"I told you I'm good and as long as I am good Joe is too." I smiled peeking at her before closing my eyes so they could continue with my make-up.

"Yeah but its still old things being brought up and with John being here backstage. Its probably a lot to deal with, I have seen him come up to you and you dismissing him easily. But I'm sure its still hard doing so" She stared over at me and she was right but I wasn't going to agree with her because it would lead to her feeling bad.

I thanked the make-up ladies as they finished us and moved closer to Nattie, not really wanting our conversation to be heard, "I don't feel bad because whatever friendship we had left is non-existent to me. That's why whenever I see him even try to get near me I walk the other way. I don't know what he thinks is going to happen now that he is constantly around but it definitely won't be anything in his favour. The world might not know that Joe and I are married but..."

"Does he know that you two are married?" She questioned but I shook my head and hoped she hadn't let it slip to him in passing.

"I don't want him knowing and its not because I'm considering his feelings, the moment he tried to make a pass at me knowing I'm with Joe all of that went out the door. I just don't want him whispering into Vince's ear and somehow getting the writers to be more viscous. " I shrugged as I could handle where things were now to a certain extent.